I Need To Stop Wasting Paper, Don't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leda

I don't have any pictures at the moment, of my failed armour that I scale to fit but then it doesn't fit me...

Before I actually started on heavyweight card stock, I practiced on regular paper, but kept starting over and over and over (wasting precious ink!) because I just couldn't scale most of the things to fit... Especially the calve and thigh area, it's the desired length just not the... well width. ^^ (ha). I dont even wanna know what's gonna happen with the torso piece. And I'm doing splendid with the arms, because hooray! they actually fit through the holes. ;'(

Any advice...?

Well short of making your own 3d models to fit you, try adjusting your armor. There are a number of places that you can add a bit to the width of your armor where it all connects together, sort of a seam allowance on paper, that you can use to make it fit properly. I made a few pieces for my toddler, and ran into a problem similar to yours. With her body size a piece that was the right length for her limbs was too narrow to fit properly. To fix it I cut the tabs a little wide on everything, and by adding about a millimeter to each seam around it made a wider model that didnt adjust the hieght. Hope that helps rather than confuses you hehe!

ArmouredApostle said:
Well short of making your own 3d models to fit you, try adjusting your armor. There are a number of places that you can add a bit to the width of your armor where it all connects together, sort of a seam allowance on paper, that you can use to make it fit properly. I made a few pieces for my toddler, and ran into a problem similar to yours. With her body size a piece that was the right length for her limbs was too narrow to fit properly. To fix it I cut the tabs a little wide on everything, and by adding about a millimeter to each seam around it made a wider model that didnt adjust the hieght. Hope that helps rather than confuses you hehe!

Completely off topic comment from myself here.

You made a suit for your toddler?!

Once again, seeing all these parents creating suits for their children is just simply awesome. Beats the pants off any bought costume thats for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
ArmouredApostle said:

Oh, all right, that makes a bit of sense. :)

And DUDE! A suit for your toddler? Your kid is super lucky. :pI wish my mom or dad made me a MC suit when I was a toddler. ;'( Then again Halo wasn't even out when I was a toddler... :unsure

Anyhow, again thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back