Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSpartan177

Hey Guys, Its me Alex ,YAY!!!!

Ok, here is the point, when I was gonna join this site, I was gonna sign up with my name (Alex), but now if you look for it on the members section, he or she is INACTIVE and that pisses me off that people, join sites and never use their accounts and people who are active get the suck azz accounts (some of them I dont mean all of the are suck azz accounts) like me.

So I was thinking if Adam wanted to delete the inactive accounts, so active members can be recognized easily

For example: Lets say a very talented Pep designer that his user name is (EX)berryfamous789, and there is a guy named (EX)BerryFamous, people are gonna think the n00b user BerryFamous created those WONDERFUL pep files.

So If Adam and the other mods want to delete the INACTIVE users, please do so. I was also thinking if Adam wants to delete the inactive users he and the mods could also change the usernames of some users if they are willing to.

If You Agree with me Tell me so i can add you to this list:

1. Alex spartan177

you have a point, but like me im not so active on this site so much and some people are like that. I would think it would suck if i got on one day my account was delted and someone else had my user name(not saying anyone would want it anyway just saying) I myself think it would NOT be so cool to just go deleting accounts because some members from the beginning may come back some day and if you delete some ones account thats going to piss off alot of people.

Just my opinion

Thanks,

Th3 FETT MAN

i agree i wanted to get my name,(just adam) but i couldnt because the other adam already took it. ( we should delete him so i can have my name!) jk Just Kidding. no but in all respects im pretty darn happy with my name now and wouldnt change it.

Th3 FETT MAN said:
you have a point, but like me im not so active on this site so much and some people are like that. I would think it would suck if i got on one day my account was delted and someone else had my user name(not saying anyone would want it anyway just saying) I myself think it would NOT be so cool to just go deleting accounts because some members from the beginning may come back some day and if you delete some ones account thats going to piss off alot of people.

Just my opinion

Thanks,

Th3 FETT MAN

I dont mean deleting everybody, Im just saying users that have never use their accounts, for example someone that have never posted something. What I was thinking, to tell if someone is active or inactive is sending a PM to users that look inactive and tell them if they are using their account or not. If they don't respond in 1 Month(that is a lot of time) their account should be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex spartan177 said:
I dont mean deleting everybody, Im just saying users that have never use their accounts, for example someone that have never posted something. What I was thinking, to tell if someone is active or inactive is sending a PM to users that look inactive and tell them if they are using their account or not. If they don't respond in 1 Month(that is a lot of time) their account should be deleted.

i agree with that

some people do go away for a long time I go off here for over a month without checking or anything, I went on vaction I have school and its been around a month since i got on last so that would suck alot for members that cant get on so often

I see what your trying to say but (not trying to be a douche) all your really saying is that you want to have a username that someone else has so delete them?

It goes like first come first severe, They made the name and its thier right to keep it, if you think that your going to get on here and get the exact username you want and its your name or something its probally taken. Most people take up common names when the site is new. So please dont just go posting things that you think you need or have to have.

And 1 month really isnt that long.

Thanks,

Th3 FETT MAN

Th3 FETT MAN said:
some people do go away for a long time I go off here for over a month without checking or anything, I went on vaction I have school and its been around a month since i got on last so that would suck alot for members that cant get on so often

I see what your trying to say but (not trying to be a douche) all your really saying is that you want to have a username that someone else has so delete them?

It goes like first come first severe, They made the name and its thier right to keep it, if you think that your going to get on here and get the exact username you want and its your name or something its probally taken. Most people take up common names when the site is new. So please dont just go posting things that you think you need or have to have.

And 1 month really isnt that long.

Thanks,

Th3 FETT MAN

Im saying delete people that are not active, for example you see many people with 0 or 1 post, and Im saying that we should delete those users.

For example:

Like you Fett Man, you wont get deleted because you look like an active user, you have like 400 posts, and like i said there are many accounts without a single post.

Belakor said:
It has been done before:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11751

Everyone with 0 posts that hadn't been on that year was dumped.

Whether it needs to be done again I don't know, but I don't think it'd need to be done just for the sake of usernames... just means you have to be creative when registering ;)

Man's got a point, but if you're on here not doing anything, why waste the space?

your idea has alot of flaws, it's understandable an there are good points, but in the end it's adam an the other mods/admins decision. if they feel it will help more than hinder than it would have already happened is has already been implemented, but since it brings up more headache than help it's best to just leave it the way they're doing it.

i think we should have another one of those. its like cleaning your room. it just needs to happen. i voted no, due to the original post, but i think that it is a good idea. i like to think i'm relatively active. delete anyone with less than 5 posts who has not posted in the last year and that would clear the dust, because when someone signs up and just ditches the account, it sucks if someone wants that account name. i think that one year is bieng generous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back