Is Google A Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSpartan177

When I sometimes checked who is online in the forums, sometimes I see Google or MSN/Bing online.

and also I see them roam around in some threads.

And I was wondering If they are the actual Google and MSN/Bing in the forums???

Alex spartan177 said:
When I sometimes checked who is online in the forums, sometimes I see Google or MSN/Bing online.

and also I see them roam around in some threads.

And I was wondering If they are the actual Google and MSN/Bing in the forums???

I'd assume it's a representative checking the site as Google is one of the sponsors for the site, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what. I have wondered the exact same thing :p, and I have no clue if there a member but probably a Google employee checking the site.

I think it might be when someone searches in google and google has to take info from here./? i dunno.

I think they're there for Google search entries. Whenever you find a forum on Google, most of the time there will be a member there named "Google." Usually they are automatically created on forums for free hosting sites. Same with the Bing one too I guess.

shmalofan said:
I think it might be when someone searches in google and google has to take info from here./? i dunno.

No, I dont think so

Because if somebody is roaming the site and doesnt have an account it will say that is guest at the bottom of the site, where it shows you who is online and peoples birthday

That is a Google web crawler bot. It's cataloging the contents of the site for Google search results. Google does this for every site that appears on search results.

shmalofan said:
i just searched the members for 'google', no profiles have that name.

mustang2500 said:
It's gotta have something to do with the searches. If they were a member, you'd be able to click the name.

I know Google is not a member, and I also think it doesnt have to do with the searches.

Because in other forums I joined, there are only members and guests, and I never noticed Google or Bing roaming around the forums.

UNSC_Leatherneck nailed it. It's google's web crawler bot. You decide whether or not you want their bots to crawl and catalog your website. If you do you have a little bit of work to do to setup a bots.txt file for them on your site. We obviously do want google along with all the other search engines to catalog the information here - sharing is caring.

Cheers,

Kensai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back