Just Wondering About A Few Things Before I Start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

agumathebear

hey guys, i'm not new to costuming, im a member of the dented helmet boba fett costuming (im aguma, be my friend if you are a dented helmet too!) and ive made plenty of medieval costumes like warhammer witch hunter and drizzt, but i've never done pepakura, now, dont think im gonna start asking about fiberglass and all that because i've done my research. there are just a few questions i have:

first, how do i know what percent to size the armor to in pepakura? im 5'10" and i have a rather large "barrel chest" and a shoe size of 11. dont know if you guys need all that but there you go lol, also could you tell me how to get the measurments myself or a website with them?

second, i am a college student but i usually don't have much homework. i spend every day with my girlfriend, about 1 hour a day i work on my warhammer miniatures, either terrain or painting the minis. when the school simester is over, im going to stay with my dad and i wont be doing much and i'll have lot's of downtime. when i work on costumes, usually i spend about 1 whole day every 2 weeks or so doing nothing but working on my costume. i also have no background of pepakura, but i can do origamy relatively well, and i am very patient with my work (for instance, i've had 82 warhammer orks for about 8 months and i've fully painted 2) so with my knowledge of pepakura and the way i work on my costumes, how long would it take apoximately to make my costume so i could set a date and try to be finished by then?

third, i was wondering where a good site for pepakura designs are, i already have all the halo ones i need, but i love warhammer 40k and was wondering if there was anything other than the bolter, maybe some medieval armor pepakura sets, etc. Pepakura sounds like it's going the be the cheapest, best thing to do with costuming that has ever come my way :p

and fourth, as soon as i get my xbox back up (red ring) ill be happy to play with you guys anytime! just pm me if you would like a list of all the pc and xbox games i currently have and play frequently. (the number 1 game right now is team fortress 2 for pc lol!)

thanks all, and i look forward to becoming an avid 405th member!

First - Just scale the armor so it has appropriate measurements for your body. i.e, if you chest is 15inches wide, the width should be a bit larger than that.

Second - Everyones different. Some people can pep like a machine, others are just really slow.

Third - Heres a pretty good one...

Of course there're plenty of others relating to a specific type of armor.

501st is for star wars armor for example.

Theres a predator costuming site at 'thehunterslair.com' They dont use pep much, but their finished products are amazing anyway. Also, check out 'skips pepakura costumes' through google or something, he has all sorts of different files, and is happy to help if you have trouble with them. Thats all I can think of, hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back