Jyoumon's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyoumon

Jr Member
Alright...so i tried this once before.

I had my Spartan Chest piece finished, but screwed up and threw on the wrong fiberglassing stuff and left it in a hot shed for way to long(hot glue failure in summer in Texas....stupid)

SO now i have started again, and am working on building the rest of my armor again, Helmet and Right Gauntlet are completely Pepped and am working on the Left Gauntlet now.

Going to start Liquid Resining soon on the helmet and Gauntlet, any hints, tips, or helpful bits are MORE than welcome.

and as many Say, Pics or GTFO. so here ya go.

212026.jpg

212107.jpg

212004.jpg

This was the original Chest peice before destruction

194425.jpg

194457.jpg

GiR3892 said:
looking good! , cant wait to see bondo stage

heh, i gotta say that helmet...gave me a record >_<, I spent almost 12 hours straight working on it from finished cutting to last piece glued into place.

Gauntlet with distractions, 6 hours.

resining....ohh boy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah 110lb Cardstock, 8 1/2' X 12' paper.

and i dont remember where i got the PEP files from, but i know i use one of the other scaling models for it, im a 23.901115 i think on my scaling XD

Looking good! i can't wait to get onto mine myself, though i hope you finish your new chest soon!

Shadowshail said:
Looking good! i can't wait to get onto mine myself, though i hope you finish your new chest soon!

ok I have GOT TO ASK.

WHERE did you get that PEP sig? dang it...ive spent a while looking and cant find a blank for it >___<!!!

Jyoumon said:
ok I have GOT TO ASK.

WHERE did you get that PEP sig? dang it...ive spent a while looking and cant find a blank for it >___<!!!

Try this, it was down for a while but seems to be back up again.

Looking good so far, hope it turns out for ya.

Keep us updated along the way.

What exactly had happened with the old chest piece?

October 23, 2009, 04:28:03

Armor Status Update

Mjolnir MKVI Helmet: Pepped

Mjolnir MKVI Right Forearm: Pepped

Mjolnir MKVI Right Bicep: Pepped

Mjolnir MKVI Left Forearm: Pepped

Next task: Mjolnir MKVI Cod Peice Or Mjolnir MKVI Left Bicep

*sighs* Jeez...im broken my time to 4 hours on full pepp of a part like the shoulder biceps and forearms >_< T_T....fingers hurt from so much hotglue on them...but i aint quitten YET!!!.

----------------------------------------

And about the Chest piece...well i made a few critical mistakes that really turned the project on its head, not to mention me V_V.

Back in july or so this year i lost my job down here(crappy job but it paid ok), that was more of an emotional blow because i havent found another job as of late either >_< in 2-3 months now...or more.

Anyway, the armor peice was being worked on in a small shed behind my house due to high winds and steady sun <_>, so it was quite hot in a metal shed, now to also mention that the peice i built was done COMPLETELY with hotglue on its joints and a freaking hanger....i know stupid.

Eventually as i started my fiberglassing and resining, my father suggested using a gel like mix for the armor for it(smartass...he went to aircraft school and did fiberglassing....ON JETS and HELICOPTERS >__<, NOT paper T_T) so i went out and spent $15 bucks on a good sized can of Bondo/glass(essentially bondo/fiberglass mixture for quick patches) and attempted to smear it on with a good sized foam paintbrush...well that went about as well as mixing vinager and baking soda in sealed bottle -___-, the foam fell apart under the PUTTY that was the gel and then wouldnt spread evenly on the armor, so it globbed on one spot(the right shoulder) and hardened....well that was CRUD!.

after that i WENT out again and bought LIQUID fiberglassing Resin, the stuff for getting it READY for fiberglass, and started coating it....well this was Several days after i had the armor hung on the hanger and the shoulder sides now looked and were completely warped Outward of the suit....this was a bummer...i decided to continue and got about 1/2 of the way through before the heat of the shed(somewhere in the 90-110 range) and the heating resin finally took thier toll, the armor started falling apart v__V.

Joints quickly popped and started sagging, the shoulders started drooping, and the waist edges inside were now irreversably warped with hardening resin and heat that it was useless and i scrapped the chest peice.

it now sits in a corner as a testimate to my first project stupidity... *sighs*

heh, yeah, im using the Low Def versions of the MKVI armor, i actually didnt know about HD versions before now, or i probably would have started with those.

Heh, and yeah, it was trial and error..stupid but it worked to show me what NOT to do XD.

Now im going to test the resin on a piece of folded 110 pound to make sure it works well before slathering that stuff on my parts >_<.

and actually it really doesnt matter on the type of design, i can Pep it with enough time, paper, ink, and hot glue XDDD.

Hell im building a Spartan Laser after this...or maybe DURING hehe, at 39 inches long, 12 high, and 4 wide is a BEAST in size alone...but it will be WELL WORTH IT XD

update again:

BEHOLD THE ALL MIGHT CROTCH!!......piece

192801.jpg

as well heres both the forearms done

192913.jpg

and the right shoulder/bicep

193026.jpg
192959.jpg

*sighs* ....ONTO the next shoulder.

YES folks you heard right, another update ^__^.

Ive got both the biceps done now, and im starting to look like a spartan XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back