M6C Socom Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankz5152

Jr Member
Hey all,

New on here but thought Id share my ideas on a M6C SOCOM Airsoft Pistol build. Aswell as get some help, comments and critisms.

My first question is does anyone have a M6C SOCOM pep file?

I tried looking throughout the forum but I could only find the pep for the standard M6 Pistol and nothing else.

Also does anyone have a 1:1 scale shape of the M6C SOCOM?

Ive worked out essentially what I have to do.

Basically I was going to make a silicone mould of the M6C SOCOM add the resin mixture and while it is still liquid push a M92F pistol into it (although slightly more bulky) and leave it to set in halves so in turn it would create an M9 shaped 'hole' inside the the M6C. While its still liquid aswell Ill place an 8mm barrel in the M6C cast so it can fire. I then cut the slide off the M6C cast and fit it to the back of the M9 slide.

Because of the bulky M9 shaped hole in the M6C cast it will alow the M9 slide to move forward and backward with ease.

It should work but the most difficult part will be creating the pep and then the mould.

Anyone have any recomendations on what materials to use and where to buy (preferably from the web)?

So far ive found these -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Pad...1_28?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1254399985&sr=8-28

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0027IVJEO/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=AV4KN5S06UTCH

But im not too sure on what to use for the rubber/silicone mould?

Thanks

Josh

If I were you, I would watch this thread here. He printed out a conversion kit for the new M6C SOCOM that could potentially, in my opinion, be used for something like what you are trying to accomplish.

cheers.

First Pep model but i have alot of experience building various moulds, guns and all sorts. So I should be able to do this.

I've downloaded the file and am going to start work on it today. Hopefully get some pics up by tomorrow.

In addition after looking through some of the other M6 SOCOM builds, some of my own airsoft knowledge and real steal knowledge. Ive decided to have the suppressor peice hollow and add in about 3 struts replicating a real steal shotgun suppressor. However when used in airsoft rather than silencer in makes it slightly louder and more realistic. Well thats the hope!

Thanks alot

Thanks youve been a great help.

So far ive done the suppressor and finished the pistol grip. The pep is suppriseingly easy to work with although some bits can be rather confusing where you cant see the numbers properly.

Edit -

This is rather annoying. I just built the Suppressor & pistol grip and realised the entire thing is about 25% too small. I used the first link you gave but only read yours after I had started it.

Ive looked at your unwrap and its the correct size. Just bloody annoying that ive spent all this time, although now ive got some experience with pep.

I also ordered some 160gsm paper which i think will also be better.

Edit -

Sorry ive edited so many times but ive been updateing the same post rather than makeing new ones.

I have a question. I think i know the answer but id rather be sure.

For this project im attempting would it be better to use a sliced file from cardboard and make the mould from that or using a pep file making and making it strong using PVA & Fibre glass resin?

Considering I want a decent amount of detail.

Ive decided that im going to make a fully fuctional T-LAM (torch-laser aiming module) out of thin aluminium sheet.

I would like detail but in certain places it isn't nessicary.

Thanks

Josh

Thanks

Massive Update on this, sorry its been so long, have been busy.

Ive changed the how im going to do it completely as making the resin model would have involved far too much effort and work for what i want to do.

So instead i have made a kind of sliced version but different. It is a one peice cardboard cut out essentially which im building internally to house my M9.

Im either going to bulk up and shape the inside with bondo or use expanding foam for an extra snug fit.

Once the inside is all sorted and the M9 fitted with the slide on the back i will add detail on the outside useing slices of carboard and bondo/resin or rondo.

Also just for added effect ive fitted the inside so that when i fire the M9 it amplifies the sound a bit, makes it sound a little better.

Its good that I made the pep first (not very good) because it gives me a very good idea for size, shape and mild detailing.

I only have one problem though, one the M9 is in, its in i wont be able to get it out unless I cut one side off.

The pistols been very reliable so far so it should be fine for a good year.

Ill get some progress pictures up tomorrow

If anyones got a better idea on how i can then i welcome to here it, comments and crits very welcome.

Ahh bit late for that, allready started on the M9 project.

I think im making good headway with this the internals are nearly finished.

The M9 is extremley secure inside it and can easily hold the blowback of the M9 (firing at 300fps) ended up using bondo to secure the M9 and it worked supprisingly well, better than i thought.

The sound modifier i built for it inside the suppressor unit works very well, its much louder with a nice crisp action.

As for the detail im going to layer cardboard on the outside to make the various unique shapes and patterns.

Only thing is i know for a fact its not going to be 100% accurate more like around 70% if that to be honest. One major thing i did was to make the grip more ergonomic as yes having it square and block like is great for in the game but bad for human real life use. The grip isnt as wide and i have made it more curved in places especially around the thumb area. Now it is much better to hold but is much bigger that a desert eagle which is HUGE.

As for the Flashlight unit underneath the pistol im going to make it from thin (2mm) aluminium bent and sanded into place probably with a bit bondo/fibreglass for the edges n what not. Although inside will be a small LED/Xenon (if the gun turns out good enough) torch unit and a small red laser unit. For some added functionallity. Both will be turned on and off by small switches on the rear of the unit.

Im sure you will notice that the large trigger guard found on the M6 pistols is missing. I will be added that in at the end so i can be sure it is centered.

Pics -

Where the M9 will sit -

IMG_9179.jpg

Magazine well -

IMG_9180.jpg

Card body -

IMG_9181.jpg

M9 securley fitted and crappy pep model base below -

IMG_9183.jpg

M9 fitted -

IMG_9184.jpg

As a note the pistol is scaled to my size, and if any of you have seen/held an M9 real or airsoft then you can see how big this is.

I also need to remove the trigger guard on the M9 and add the slide which im currently building.

Thanks

Josh

A Minor update on this.

Ive added the M6C trigger guard which is made from pepakura and filled with hot glue to stiffen. Also added some detailing, such as the pistol grip shapes and the bold shape of the suppressor to both sides.

However the slide is yet to be completed. Ive been having some trouble getting it to be the correct length and depth.

Ive also added bondo to some areas for strength aswell as mouting positions. As you can see there is a hell of alot of work to be done although it is all cosmetic.

I also realise that this may not be exact scale as from what i can see the suppressor is too wide and too tall. To correct this I am considering making it slightly longer so that it looks in scale although doing this may cause fireing problems. After distance the bb will start to fall there for fireing a hole through the card in an odd place.

Bondo will be added, sanded and detailed in order to get a look at what this could become.

Pics -

IMG_9189.jpg

Cheers. First one ive done of this kind.

It is blowback just need to make the slide. Thats the hardest bit, been having alot of trouble with sizeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back