mawrTRON's Fred 104 Build log (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, man! these are amazing! thank you so much! you should definitely post these in the archive whenever it's operational!

also, how did you cut out the five holes in the AB?

Very, very carefully. Haha

But actually yeah very carfully with an xacto knife. Then I pushed them in a bit and glued it from behind.

Verrry clean and wow that is really detailed! How log did that take you to make?

Verrry clean and wow that is really detailed! How log did that take you to make?
I'd say probably 180 Hours all up so far. Which is a very loose estimate. But that includes doing all my own unfolds and pepping everything multiple times to nail down the scale.

Amazing work as always, can't wait to see the test fit of the torso with the abs and spine!
I am a bit nervous to see how it all comes together. It better look right! :/

Thanks a lot your undersuit template will make my life so much easier
No problem, dont forget you will have to scale it to suit your height

Magnificent work. Very clean.
Cheers!

Wow your build is turning out awesome. Your attention to scale and detail is amazing, I know I don't have the patience to redo a piece several times. Ya know when you got 4-8hrs in one piece and it turns out to be a little on the small side or a little large. I find it very hard and discouraging to go back to the drawing board. My build has taken me so long that I have kind of developed the "eh close enough" attitude. Props to you and others that are able to get things just right. I think that's what puts some of these builds over the top and yours my friend is on that level. Plus the fact that your making these great templates and sharing with the community. It's all inspiring I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Wow your build is turning out awesome. Your attention to scale and detail is amazing, I know I don't have the patience to redo a piece several times. Ya know when you got 4-8hrs in one piece and it turns out to be a little on the small side or a little large. I find it very hard and discouraging to go back to the drawing board. My build has taken me so long that I have kind of developed the "eh close enough" attitude. Props to you and others that are able to get things just right. I think that's what puts some of these builds over the top and yours my friend is on that level. Plus the fact that your making these great templates and sharing with the community. It's all inspiring I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
I told myself with this build that I was going to take my time and nail the scaling. Old me would have said "That will do" for sure.
It still sucks having to rebuild something, but ultimately its worth it.
Besides the 2nd time around is always way quicker! Glad you're enjoying the build. I hope it lives up to everyones expectations :/

did you free handed the U shaped piece with the foam square on that is on the top big part of you abs ? :)
The 'U' section I actually have files for. However I wont be releasing any of my unfolded files until I have completed the entire suit armour myself.Not only are the files not good enough for public consumption, but I have spent countless hours unfolding and scaling. Personally I'd like reap the benifits of my efforts before any one else does!
This being said, as far as I am aware the entire centaurion armour set is avaliable out there somewhere if you wanted a crack at unfolding things for yourself. (It was in the database)

More images to come soon. I am just about to detail x2 new shins and they should be complete in the next few days.

So I finally finished my my two new shins.
Below is an image of them side by side to see the height difference. Amazing what 30mm difference can make
16145455_10211465193203946_1098476402_o.jpg

Also it is interesting how much better I have gotten over the last 10 months. The quality of the new piece is so much better than the original which was the first piece I built.
Please note that the old one is now used for ''Kwik Seal Training''

Below is a few glory shots of the shin and boot as one.
15965286_10211465095281498_955435975496414444_n.jpg
16113910_10211465095081493_9179832355447166486_n.jpg

Just the hip plates and gloves and I'll be moving onto the helmet. Which I am a bit nervous about! Haven't used fiberglass since my Defender helmet.
11373696_825865180854223_1912617983_n.jpg

Stay tuned!

Great job on the shins man! When they are with the boots, you could just leave them like that. I don't even think it needs paint, they already look so real.
6 stars out of 5 my friend!

I told myself with this build that I was going to take my time and nail the scaling. Old me would have said "That will do" for sure.
It still sucks having to rebuild something, but ultimately its worth it.
Besides the 2nd time around is always way quicker! Glad you're enjoying the build. I hope it lives up to everyones expectations :/

The 'U' section I actually have files for. However I wont be releasing any of my unfolded files until I have completed the entire suit armour myself.Not only are the files not good enough for public consumption, but I have spent countless hours unfolding and scaling. Personally I'd like reap the benifits of my efforts before any one else does!
This being said, as far as I am aware the entire centaurion armour set is avaliable out there somewhere if you wanted a crack at unfolding things for yourself. (It was in the database)

More images to come soon. I am just about to detail x2 new shins and they should be complete in the next few days.

allright i totally understand is this part present on masterchief or i can skip it ? :)

Anxious to see this in he paint stage. Suggestion for your visor. I think a set of frameless snowboard goggles lens will be close to the size and contour you'll need. Plus gets you that mirror effect. Won't give you all the detail you can get with vacuum forming one but it's quick, easy and end result comes out pretty well. I don't know looking at the helmet a little more looks like the width might be an issue, goggle lens might not quite wide enough. May or may not be worth looking into, just a thought

Last edited:
Anxious to see this in he paint stage. Suggestion for your visor. I think a set of frameless snowboard goggles lens will be close to the size and contour you'll need. Plus gets you that mirror effect. Won't give you all the detail you can get with vacuum forming one but it's quick, easy and end result comes out pretty well. I don't know looking at the helmet a little more looks like the width might be an issue, goggle lens might not quite wide enough. May or may not be worth looking into, just a thought

Good idea. Might save me a bit of coin too. We will see when it comes up. I am still a long way off the helmet.

On a side note, 100% no regrets of having to remake the shins. I think the scale is as good as I can get it.
20170123_220604.jpg
20170123_220450.jpg

Sorry for the crappy night shots. Going through a major life "thing" at the moment and Im only finding time late in the afternoon to get stuff done.

Will try get some good daylight pics once the whole suit has been fitted.

On a side note, thanks for everyone who is excited to see this build come together.
You peeps keep me powering through.

That looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Great job on the suit so far, wow. Long ways off from the helmet??

And how did you make the knee pads stay? Hot glue to the under suit?

Last edited:
Very nice, I think everything looks spot on. Thumbs up wish I had foam skills as good as yours. I'm inspired and I'm in envy.

That looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Great job on the suit so far, wow. Long ways off from the helmet??

And how did you make the knee pads stay? Hot glue to the under suit?
Knee pads are held by industrial velcro glued (and eventually stitched) to the undersuit.
And yeah Im pep and resining the helmet. So theres a lot of filling and sanding in the near future for me. :,(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back