Mk Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanMarx

I was wondering if I do low detail MK VI armor would I be able to carve out the detail after bondo?

Yes, but you'll be spending a lot of time sanding. It depends on whether you like sanding or pepakura more. I'd recommend building and completing a medium detail model (like a Mark VI helmet from DF4L), and deciding whether you enjoyed sanding/bondo or pepping more.

You'll have a lot of work on your hands in terms of sanding and detailing and much more user error involved. It's a wide spectrum, this armor creation thing - one that starts somewhere with all high definition Pepakura and less artistic investment and ends in sculpting and molding your own armor:

I shall include a diagram for thee:

HD Pepakura, Less Bondo, Low Artistic Creation --> LD Pepakura, Lots of Bondo, More Artistic Creation --> No Pepakura, All Sculpting, Pure Artistic Creation

Something like that. So like ImaGonnaGetYou said, it depends on what you're looking for. Technically, anything's possible if you have the will and the skill.

DylanMarx said:
Ya, I might just go with HD pep.

That's what I did. It's somewhat tedious, but it leaves a lot less room for error if you're patient and know how to work with Pepakura (which really isn't very hard). Some people have gone through a lot of work with the HD models, and the attention to detail is nothing to scoff at. I would much rather stand on their shoulders than re-invent the wheel by sculpting my own piece - either through copious amounts of bondo or from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back