My Br55 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am haji said:
Beg your pardon?

Constructive critism: guns profile in design is right on without a doubt. Since your layers are roughly cut, your going to be using a lot more body filler to even out the edges and surcfaces on along the top of rigle.

Heres a wip i was doing some time ago before any blueprints were available

100_0391.jpg

this is what i was trying to suggest, I think its a hasslte to cut layer after layer, if you used 2 cut outs of the profile and glued a a strip of cardboard a inch wide along the edges, it would save a deal of cutting

True, but it's more sturdy when you cut out layers. I see what you're trying to say though, i appreciate the advice. I might do that for the assault rifle once i get around to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your using a scope that has to mount on a rail interface system/free floating rail

You can purchase a small RIS rail

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/65204.htm

and your going have to buy a scopre ring to mount it

I have no idea if it is universal or not. but just giving your a rough idea what your looking for

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/77791.htm

- You could build a rough mount out of cardboard for the scope and then you could hot glue it directly to the Carrying handle

Something like this

mount.jpg

Once again, you dont have to purchase them from here since they rather expensive.

You can always salvage these parts from cheap airsoft guns aswell

i am haji said:
Beg your pardon?

Constructive critism: guns profile in design is right on without a doubt. Since your layers are roughly cut, your going to be using a lot more body filler to even out the edges and surcfaces on along the top of rigle.

Heres a wip i was doing some time ago before any blueprints were available

100_0391.jpg

this is what i was trying to suggest, I think its a hasslte to cut layer after layer, if you used 2 cut outs of the profile and glued a a strip of cardboard a inch wide along the edges, it would save a deal of cutting

FACE PALM.

Again, don;t post unless you know what your posting about. Read my tutorial, then reply. Evan La has a LONG way to go.

Link: How To Make a Battl Rifle-Tutrial

Read it, say stuff after he's finished. Also look at my WIP thread. There is a more into detail look at my work.

Gosh...

Why are you assualting me? When did i ever direct a comment towards you. Im giving evan la a suggestion and appears you are taking it offensively.

Ive looked through your thread and you havent even began to fiberglass

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
FACE PALM.

Again, don;t post unless you know what your posting about. Read my tutorial, then reply. Evan La has a LONG way to go.

Link: How To Make a Battl Rifle-Tutrial

Read it, say stuff after he's finished. Also look at my WIP thread. There is a more into detail look at my work.

Gosh...

Do I really have THAT far to go? I thought that I would just do the charging handle, barrel, bondo and paint and I'd be done.

Squirtle117 said:
Evan La have you ever heard of editing yourposts to add things I mean you had a quadruple post back there <-- !!!!

Lolz, sorry about that im new here.

i am haji said:
Your using a scope that has to mount on a rail interface system/free floating rail

You can purchase a small RIS rail

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/65204.htm

and your going have to buy a scopre ring to mount it

I have no idea if it is universal or not. but just giving your a rough idea what your looking for

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/77791.htm

- You could build a rough mount out of cardboard for the scope and then you could hot glue it directly to the Carrying handle

Something like this

mount.jpg

Once again, you dont have to purchase them from here since they rather expensive.

You can always salvage these parts from cheap airsoft guns aswell

I wonder if duct taping it on would hold well....

***UPDATE*** I got it on with hot glue. It seems to be holding up pretty well. Ill have the pictures up along with the finished product, which hopefully should be by Friday.

i am haji said:
Why are you assualting me? When did i ever direct a comment towards you. Im giving evan la a suggestion and appears you are taking it offensively.

Ive looked through your thread and you havent even began to fiberglass

No you didn't. Plain and simple, you don't even use fiberglass! Holly cow. Read, then post. Its not the other way around.

Also, yes, you did direct a comment at me partly. If you don't know what method he is using (IE, the method in my tutorial), then simply don't say anything. You clearly didn't use my tutorial to build your Battle Rifle, so the methods are different. Besides, your Method is more of a 'flat' detailed method. Not really anything 'round' to it.

Sorry mate, but it drives me up the flipping wall when people don't read things. I truely dispise those people.

Seems slightly immature to me. I didn't know that making a BR out of layers is a licensed trademark by you.

suit yourself

Lol, licenced trade mark...

I just divised it and put it into a tutorial. I never have seen anybody else use that method before, although I did devise it from the hollow cardboard versions. "My" (I use that term VARY loosely because I have no clue) version of how to make a weapon is more sturdy, offers less work (FAR less bondo work to round things out) and the Rifle is hard as hell to break after words.

But, I'm talking from the point of a VERY skilled cardboard worker with Halo weapons. So, my opinion must not apply to you in your eyes.

Guys, let's all settle down, don't want the Mods to come in locking the thread! (With right reason, if theres a Flame War.)

Anyway Back On Topic:

I'm liking how it's turning out so far, Keep it up! :D

JangoFett140 said:
looking good so far and welcome aboard man

Thankee much!

And yea, lets not flame. Lets just agree that my method is going great, and any suggestions are welcomed?

Shade said:
Guys, let's all settle down, don't want the Mods to come in locking the thread! (With right reason, if theres a Flame War.)

Anyway Back On Topic:

I'm liking how it's turning out so far, Keep it up! :D

Thanks!

That looks really good. I didn't think cardboard could be used in such a way. Definitely plenty of sanding to do once you get it all completed. What kind of paints do you plan on using? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't spray paints tend to warp paper and cardboard? I have even sen them warp wood. :eek

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Bolded-Whats your method?

Im mostly going word for word on your tutorial, with a few minor tweaks to meet my needs. Probably shouldn't have said "my" method, thats not what I meant.

Helghast4life said:
That looks really good. I didn't think cardboard could be used in such a way. Definitely plenty of sanding to do once you get it all completed. What kind of paints do you plan on using? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't spray paints tend to warp paper and cardboard? I have even sen them warp wood. :eek

I don't think it will warp as much once I put Bondo over the whole thing. Im not painting it until after I do that. And thanks for the compliment, very appreciated.

I finished.

Obviously, im not going for an EXACT replica, and I also skipped some parts on Xtreme tactics' tutorial. I just wanted to get the idea across. Tell me what you think.

P.S. I left the end of the barrel unpainted to let people know that its not a real weapon as ill be taking this out on halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back