New Hd Odst Game Accurate Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link isn't working for me. Tells that the server was reset during loading?
Can I get the files?

Also...are they unfolded?

Which ones where you looking for? Oh and like Ral said the links on the first post are working.

Yeah I unfolded all of the files and built them for optimal ease of use. lol I hope you enjoy them.

so, your saying that with the left arm, the 3D model isn't flipped because it would take too long to unfold. but if i printed off the diagrams, then they WOULD be flipped, even though the 3D model on screen isn't?

Yes exactly. You shouldn't worry too much. I already tested it. I am building the left forearm now and it is flipped. When you print it you will see that the left arm is mirrored from the right. But the 3D model will not show that.

Cirkob547L: Lol thanks for the help but take it easy bud. He is a noob and we have all been there before. He probably just doesn't want to mess up and I am more than happy to help out and answer any questions about my files.

I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FLIP THEM THAT'S MY PROBLEM, and i printed out both left and right, and all the pieces on all the pages, look the same, and face the same way, so i definitely don't think the left arm has already been flipped. HOW DO I FLIP THEM?

If you go to my first post and download the zip. And it has two files. And you don't change anything but size. It WILL be flipped I just checked. The pieces look the same but are because its the same model and I arranged them to be in the same order so once you build one the second one is a breeze. So like a said before. Just print them out. They will work.

If you want to go through the flipping process just click on "2D Menu" tab scroll town and there is an option "Invert Pattern" If it is check, then the pattern is flipped. So if you go to my left forearm file and that option is check. Then it is flipped and you don't need to do anything but print it.

Sorry to be rough, I'm just tired of directing noobs in the right direction. If you look at my posts, you see Go there, read that, do this, good luck, take your time, blabla.... I feel bad for the veterans because they've done this so much, but now I know that most of them are still here because of dedication

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you are not going to believe this, i\d printed out the right forearm twice :D SORRY FOR ALL THE HASSLE GUYS :p

There are ALDI stores in the US but I've never been to one (the closest is an hour away). Also, while colored cardstock papers are available, they can only be found in 65-lb weight. AFAIK, 110-lb weight cardstock comes in white only.

The print shop I've been gettin my pre-make supplies has it. I got Forrest green and Grapefruit red. I'll get their web address and post it when I go to town next.

Kirrou: I just found your build link here. I think I'm going to do my first suit as your ODST. It looks alot simpler yet uber refined. I'm going to put my Jorge Custom on hold, and start on this.

hey kirrou,

your models looks so good!
I like them very much and surely gonna build them but when are you planning making the rest of the armor?

I am gonna need the rest too so I can make everything at the same time :p
Thanks for the models you allready released

good luck with your armor!

Here's a couple of finished kirrou odst helmets. Kirrou on the left and me on the right-
2010-09-14_11-03-13_141.jpg

Ok so I have worked a lot on my build and now I think I'll be going back to modeling for a bit. But I have a big dilemma. I just picked up a copy of Reach and saw the new ODSTs in it. And they look pretty amazing. So here is the problem. Almost all the armor that I have built, so far, is about the same for both the ODST game and the Reach game (such as the helmet, chest plate, stomach plate, shoulder plates, and forearms,) But the thighs and shins are completely different. Which is really all I have left to model/build. So should I finish modeling the armor from the ODST game or should I model the lower half of the new ODSTs from the reach game?

Kirrou: I just found your build link here. I think I'm going to do my first suit as your ODST. It looks alot simpler yet uber refined. I'm going to put my Jorge Custom on hold, and start on this.
Lol thanks a lot man. I hope your build comes together great.

hey kirrou,

your models looks so good!
I like them very much and surely gonna build them but when are you planning making the rest of the armor?

I am gonna need the rest too so I can make everything at the same time :p
Thanks for the models you allready released

good luck with your armor!
Thanks man. Well that is up for debate. I still need to decide if I am going for the reach ODST look or the ODST game look.
Wow, you guys did a great job!
Thanks. I ended up smoothing out the file a bit for my build which helped. And also Rosh was a really big help for making it on time for the reach launch.

Those helmets look very nice, I love this new file

Thanks man. They were a blast to make. Also there are some new pics on my progress thread if you want to check it out a little more.

If the shins for the reach ODST's are ANY easier then yes please. I've finally gotten to the stage in my ODST build that I have to decide whether to foam build the thighs and shins or pep em.

The shins ARE easier. and the THighs look so much easier to move around in. Ill have screenshots soon!

Edit: Reinforceme- I mean, Screenshots have arrived!
(the ODST and Trooper thighs are the same thing)
reach_1351414_Full1.jpg

reach_1351570_Full1.jpg

reach_1353756_Full.jpg

reach_1353768_Full.jpg

reach_1353757_Full.jpg

reach_1353603_Full.jpg

reach_1353810_Full.jpg

reach_1353702_Full.jpg

Everything looks about the same, 'cept a bit meaner.

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-1.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

3 screen shots for ya. I have a few more on my file share, as for what to finish, decide what you are into visually. The rest o of us will get by.

Ok so after really looking at both. I have decided that for now, I am going to concentrate on the making/modeling the ODST from the "HALO 3: ODST" game. There are a lot more differences in the armor between the two than I originally thought. Plus I like how there is a whole lot more detail on the shin plates than the ones from the Reach Odsts. In the future I will probably make a Reach ODST but for now I'll stick with the "Halo 3:ODST" ones.

So I'll probably start modeling both the thighs and the shin plates by Monday. I finally have Live again so I can take my own reference pictures. Stay tuned.

I know this is kind of old-ish, but in my personal opinion, I thought that the first version of the chestplate was better, and that the only thing that needed to be done to make it more streamline and fluint was to edit the unfold and make it more smooth (in my opinion). And so I hope you dont mind Kirrou, but I did just that... The angles are more game accurate too, I checked every angle of the chestplate from Halo 3, ODST, and Reach. Check it out for yourself and tell me what you think! :)

http://www.4shared.com/file/CvUnwhXV/Kirrou_ODST_chest_plate_edited.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back