Odst Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMjolnrMan

Ok, so I am about to start construction on my ODST helmet and only need to know one more thing. How do you do the visor? I know that for the mark VI you use a motorcycle helmat visor but obviously i cant find any in the ODST "triangular" shape! so do you cut it? how do you make an ODST visor?

--TheMjolnrMan

P.S I am useinf THIS file.

one of the most commonly used methods around the 405th for the odst visor is to vacuum form it.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14002

this link shows you how you can do it. you just make a master copy of the visor out of fiber glassed pepakura. place the master mold in a vacuum box heat up a sheet of plastic and left the vacuum suck the piece of plastic into the right shape. i hope this is what you were looking for but if it wasn't than i would suggest searching the forums.

Good luck on your project!

i agree with sylar,vacuum forming is the main way so hear is a quick tutorial

-put a vacuum hose into the vacuum on one end,and into a wooden box with holes on top at the other end,

-also make a frame of wood and attach a sheet of see through plastic on,after they are attached

-throw the frame in the oven to cook, heat it until it is sagging in the middle

-while it is heating put the visor on top of the box

-take out the heated plastic and hold it down over the visor

-TURN ON VACUUM WHILR HOLDING DOWN FRAME

-wait for plastic to cool and then take it off cut out visor and spary with VHT nightshades spray in colour of your choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back