**Official** Titanfall Pepakura Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a teaser of what I've done so far. I have applied most of the textures where they should be. I also have the other helmet variant.

Pilot_22_zpsa6baab6d.png

Pilot_23_zpsb5a82986.png

Pilot_24_zpsf8df7e44.png

Attachments

• Pilot_22_zpsa6baab6d.png
    Pilot_22_zpsa6baab6d.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 320
  • Pilot_23_zpsb5a82986.png
    Pilot_23_zpsb5a82986.png
    331.9 KB · Views: 601
  • Pilot_24_zpsf8df7e44.png
    Pilot_24_zpsf8df7e44.png
    318.8 KB · Views: 349
Sorry for the double post. I updated the first page with new unfolds for the male IMC files. They're my cleaner versions of some of the files that Kyre and Elusch99 released earlier. I cleaned up wasted space, compressed the shapes of the parts so they would be easier to assemble and I tweaked the scale. I also just removed the small box attachments that are on the models. It would be easier to just build them from scratch in my opinion. Thanks to Kyre and Elusch99 for the original unfolds. I just felt they needed a little refining;)

Fair work, Jico. You have a typo on your re-unfold of Elusch's Left shoulder, you wrote Clenup instead of Cleanup ;)

Here's a teaser of what I've done so far. I have applied most of the textures where they should be. I also have the other helmet variant.

Pilot_22_zpsa6baab6d.png

Pilot_23_zpsb5a82986.png

Pilot_24_zpsf8df7e44.png

WOW!!! I can't wait to get these helmets! Jico, Amazing work:D

Attachments

• Pilot_22_zpsa6baab6d.png
    Pilot_22_zpsa6baab6d.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 344
  • Pilot_23_zpsb5a82986.png
    Pilot_23_zpsb5a82986.png
    331.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Pilot_24_zpsf8df7e44.png
    Pilot_24_zpsf8df7e44.png
    318.8 KB · Views: 320
Hey Jico!! I've gotta say, awesome work so far! I just found this thread tonight, and I can't wait to see what other armour is done! :D

Are you going to be doing the titans? They would be interesting! :D

That is HECTIC! Keep up the awesome work. I ended up going to Sydney's midnight launch and made a helmet JUST IN TIME! I even installed some quick electronics.

46699_10203598367147997_898456553_n.jpg

As it is too big I will start again, and then proceed for the rest of the suit. All the files on the thread are awesome! Thanks Jico for the model!

Looks awesome Monger! I was curious of how it went, guess you didn't go with the suit Idea after all. Great work Jico! I love the new helmets! thanks for all the hard work!

-Konstantin

Attachments

• 46699_10203598367147997_898456553_n.jpg
    46699_10203598367147997_898456553_n.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 314
Thanks guys! The unfold kit for the MCOR Battle Rifle Male have just been released. Look at the first page for the download link or just click bellow.

Edit: Most of the parts on this outfit are cloth. So I only separated the knee pad, shoulder pads, the helmets and a few miscellaneous items. The full model is in the kit if anyone wants to use it as a reference to find proper vests, pants, etc... Just load it up in Pepakura Designer and set the Threshold in settings to 0.

MCOR_Battle_Rifle_Male

MCOR_Unfold_Kit_Male_Icon_zps4433a813.png

Attachments

• MCOR_Unfold_Kit_Male_Icon_zps4433a813.png
    MCOR_Unfold_Kit_Male_Icon_zps4433a813.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 400
--New Unfold--

Author: Satchmo III

Part: Helmet A

Faction: Militia Corps

Download Links: http://1drv.ms/OlGGvv

MCOR_Helmet_Aref1_zps6cf79741.png

MCOR_Helmet_Aref2_zps6031269d.png

Comments: The last four pages of the unfold contain the satellite pieces. The very last page contains the smallest of these pieces which I decided to not organize for paper assembly.

MCOR_Helmet_Aref1_zps6cf79741.png

MCOR_Helmet_Aref2_zps6031269d.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting work on the shoulders and knees, and the other stuff. I will edit this post, assuming no one else posts by the time I've started finishing things.

Aaaaaaannd i thank you. I've been waiting for this version eagerly since this thread started.

Yep, no problem! I like that version too. Anyway...

Beat you to it, Kyre.

--New Unfold--

Author: Elusch99
Part: Right Shoulder
Download Links: Here

--New Unfold--

Part: Left Shoulder

--New Unfold--

Part: Left Kneepad

--New Unfold--

Part: Chest Canister

--New Unfold--

Part: Chest Canister 2

And there, I used the format. I think. Anyway, I think that does it for the Male MCOR pilot. Hope everyone finds these files useful.

In that case I won't clutter the links. I never got started after all, a Skype call with family from long-distance(sister lives in North Carolina, I'm in Colorado :p) and then one with the gal who commissioned the Loki staff from me sidetracked me haha!

I'm almost mad at you guys for doing such good work right now and distracting me from Halo projects... But it's REALLY good!

Remember, this isn't a race. Rushing out files isn't much help. People are actually going to build these models and it's frustrating when the unfold is messy or the model is scaled wrong. I really appreciate that you unfold these files, but there is no need to go for quantity over quality. Remember to use the "Measure Distance Between Two Points" tool to see if the scale is right. Take a ruler and put it up to your shoulder and measure how big the piece should be according to the full model.

I went through and cleaned up the unfolds and tweaked the scale. It took around 15 minutes on each. The originals were all about 25% too small. I don't want you to feel discouraged Elusch. I just want you to spend a little more time with each file;) Sorry if I'm putting you on the spot here, but I want to set a standard. They're not bad, not by any stretch. I just think there's a little room for improvement.

Here's a few comparisons. Elusch on the left, me on the right.

Comparison_01_zpsadf6beb8.png

Comparison_02_zpsc0f0933a.png

Comparison_03_zps3259f255.png

Again, I'm really thankful that you unfold these. Just keep a few tricks in mind and your unfolds will improve a lot. The "Edit Flaps" tool is very useful for swapping glue flaps to the best side and making the piece cleaner. Sometimes the flaps can cause problems when assembling a small piece, so flipping them so they don't get in the way is very helpful. Something I like to do is to have the back panel of each part optional by having all the flaps on the optional piece.

Attachments

• Comparison_01_zpsadf6beb8.png
    Comparison_01_zpsadf6beb8.png
    442.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Comparison_02_zpsc0f0933a.png
    Comparison_02_zpsc0f0933a.png
    330.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Comparison_03_zps3259f255.png
    Comparison_03_zps3259f255.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 312
Yep, I guess I have kinda been rushing. And yeah, I didn't really spend too much time on the scale. Sorry, next time I will pay more attention. And I never really thought of it as a race, I just wanted to get the files out there for people.

Yep, I guess I have kinda been rushing. And yeah, I didn't really spend too much time on the scale. Sorry, next time I will pay more attention. And I never really thought of it as a race, I just wanted to get the files out there for people.

No problem. We got more files to unfold in the future;) I'm most likely gonna get a few more unfold kits done this week. Currently I'm looking through the weapons to see if they are pepakura worthy or if I need to do a lot of cleanup. The MCORP helmets were a pain since a few faces decided to detach and merge to others. I had to manually detach them and reposition them without screwing up the UV map for the texture. I think there's a small bug with my extractor that is causing this. It might be fixable, so I'm gonna contact the guy who's programming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back