On Bondo-Ing Techniques...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonguard

I think I have a pretty good handle on the majority of subject matter presented here and in the creation forum. I'm about to start my first project but have a question about Bondo, specifically the methods by which people employ it.

I understand it's purposes for smoothing and fixing imperfections left from peping and resin. How, though, does everyone go about the detailing process? Seems like every how-to I watch or read goes from the mixing and application step to a finely sculpted finished product without any evidence or description of getting to that point (use of Dremel, sanding, etc).

If anyone would care to enlighten me on the steps they take when adding the finishing touches before painting (especially what they use for detail reference), I would be most appreciative. If there is already a guide specific to this out there, I would love to see it. Surely I can't find it for myself.

Cheers!

When it comes to Bondo I find that using as little as possible yields better results. Try to make sure that most of your details are already in place with you base material be it paper, foam, wood, etc. Bondo is best used for leveling surfaces and filling minor imperfections. Slathering it on and then trying to sand details back into it is time consuming and labor intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back