Paper Paper And Moar Pap-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

sly23v

Hey just a quick post aksing if it is that important to use card stock instead of plane wite paper woul it still work or crumple working on odst helmet at the moment and need to know asap

And sorry for wasting posting space with a noobish question...=(~

1-find-card-stock-550.jpg

CARD STOCK

toilet_paper_correct_direction.gif

PLANE PAPER (I GUESS)

thanks for all the responses in the short amount of time i think i get it nouw KARD STOCK ONLY!!!! (LOL Kard = card)

woa if anyone can help with my profile pic it would be great it show up blank to me???

iv uploaded it twice still nothing works on profile page not on posts

The big reason that you want to use cardstock and not regular, plain paper is because when you add the resin, the plain paper will not be able to hold up to getting wet and your work can become ruined. Have you ever got a plain piece of paper wet? Remember what happened? Cardstock won't really have that effect and will work MUCH better.

I have seen pictures of other people that used regular printer paper and BEFORE it was even resined, there were many places where it was warped and did not look very sturdy. So believe me, you WILL want to use cardstock. You can get cardstock at an office supply store or something.

I picked up a pack of 110lb CardStock - 150 sheets, for USD $6.00 at Wal-Mart. Not sure if that's good or bad.

My first helmet build was with 45lbs semigloss photo-print as it was all I could find at the time that was more sturdy than stock paper. It was quite possibly one of the dumbest ideas I've ever had. While it was very sturdy when constructed, the semi-gloss acted like a second sheet of paper and would often come undone from the under-sheet. Making gluing very taxing at times.

I've used as low as 75lbs, but I would highly recommend 110 or higher. Regular paper is 20lbs. Not at all suitable for anything you intend to resin (well if you want it to not totally deform anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back