Pipninja's custom warrior build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipninja

Member DIN
S770
Its been awhile since I have been active, but with the new year I came across some opportunity. With it being my last semester of senior year, I have had a lot more free time. However, the most important art is I now have the material to start building again.
foam.jpg

Not only do I have material but I also finally have access to a laser cutter. Its modest but it will work.
laser.jpg

I got all the patterns ready for the laser late last night just so I was able to cut them out today. its a nice feeling having some progress
Helm patterns.png

I got the prices all cut and packed up to go home. Thanks to Spacemeat for the awesome laser cutting and foam armor tutorials.
WP_20170119_006.jpg
WP_20170119_005.jpg

Thanks for the support!

Started the helmet last night and worked on it a little today. Progress is a little slow just trying to get my bearings back with armor making. The helmet is about a third done and I will keep progress moving
WP_20170120_002.jpg
WP_20170120_003.jpg
WP_20170120_004.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I did a bit of work on my weapon. I decided instead of repainting a new design, to do a black wash and dirt wash on my magnum, while I was at it I removed the mechanic that prevented dry firing.

Been kinda put down with all the drama going on lately, but I'm ready to look past that now. look forward to some new progress soon! :D

But its those darn small pieces that makes the best of helmets.........It could never have enough details.....Great job so far.

Finally finished the main build of the helm!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I was also able to create the helmet liner to rest on my head properly.
image.jpeg

Now for the detail! More to come soon

Been super busy this weekend! the first thing I did was add the rest of the detail to my helmet
WP_20170220_001.jpg

Next I uses entirely too much spackle to fill my gaps. I had some very rough gaps that opened up as the helmet bent so I tried to fill them as much as possible.
WP_20170220_003.jpg

When I first started spackling the first layer wasn't smooth so I had to go over it again with the softer stuff. Next up is to get the chest ready for laser printing, also I plan to sand and plastidip the helmet. I am still undecided on the paint colors yet though.

My original plan was to do a warrior and noble set up, but I am uncertain about the chest piece. I am almost done with the sanding of the helmet, It is being really finicky so I am going to work with a dremel to Finnish it up. Updates soon :D

After looking through waypoint, I am going to do Anubis armor
Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back