Pre Sci Fi valley con get together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusak3

Member DIN
S474
Okay boys and girls. Krissy AKA Ashuraa AKA our RCOM AKA my wife. Has been tossing around at very high velocity the concept of having a get together in april for those of us who are close enough for such a thing to discuss SCI FI valley con and just in general have a get together cook out something or another..

That being said I am planning on taking of the week of aprils 15th through the 23rd if I can get it approved. So I am curious if the weekend of the 15th 16th or the weekend of the 22nd 23rd would be good for any of you who would like to have a get together here at the martin estate while we discuss our plans for SCI fi try to get some prep work done and what not and so forth.

We are very much in the opinion bouncing spree here so.

Cancelled due to events in Krissy and My life that week.

Last edited:
I think that is a great idea!!!!........I would have to check in w/ the boss (AKA wifey) to see if we have anything going on then.......I will say that the weekend of the 15/16th isn't good for me.....Passover Holiday.

I can understand that Dirtdives. to be honest the 16th is my birthday so I will be in one of my silences is golden kind of moods.

Hitting a milestone number, are we?.....And BTW mines on the 21st!!

I will definitely be there. I have no preference on the date. Let me know if I can help at all!

Are we to bring anything? Food, building supplies, Suit for photo OP?.......anything?

Food yes definitely yes. We can do some photos. Mostly a get together and plan for SCI Fi. Some building yes. Need to get the wife to create a plan here.

Ok, wife thinks I'm crazy since its like a 4 hr drive for me but I'm in.

Food yes, drinks yes. IF you want to bring armor or costume for pics I can get them. I have a good quality camera. We will be working on displays for SciFiValley. We will also be making plans for projects that we want to accomplish for that event and hash out what events we would like to try to make work over the next year in near area.

For food we will be looking at a cook out/ campfire/ and grill potluck. I do know that we want to get several weapons racks made, and a few more armor stands for the convention.

We will also be needing to make a few basic molds for the con as well.

Ok, wife thinks I'm crazy since its like a 4 hr drive for me but I'm in.
Cant be helped. Wives get strange ideas like that unless of course you have a one of a kind extra special addition model like I have in Ashuraa. But the down side to that is when I say I want something it is generally okay only so long as I can have the version I want to and or ohhh your going to the hobby club great I am coming along to lets make a day of it. So much for my quiet time. :p

And the best one yet. Ohhh I think I will get into cosplay and make myself ODST armor and join the 405th. Ohhh look my wife is the regimental commander. Cripes honey do list strikes again.

Now I just need her to give me the list of plans so I can figure out what material I need to have here.

For food we will be looking at a cook out/ campfire/ and grill potluck. I do know that we want to get several weapons racks made, and a few more armor stands for the convention.

We will also be needing to make a few basic molds for the con as well.
I will bring drinks like last time. Anything specific I should bring?

As far as molds go, the only Halo related one I have is the Halo 5 Pulse grenade mold. I should have a Halo 5 Teishin helmet molded by then as well if you would like to cast one of them at the con. I also have the half of the magnum mold that never got finished from last year that was at the 405th booth, it wouldn't be good for casting anything, but might help show keys and such if there are no other 2-part molds.

Nick (SDC Iceman) will likely be tagging along with me as well this time too.

I am in as long I can make it. I will be returning to work here very soon which means I will be back on call. Also since I didn't work last year due to injury I have no vacation days to use.

Okay. Regretfully this week has taken a U turn. Krissy and I are going to have to cancel this get together. I now simply have to many things going on this week. Sleep lab appointment and a trip to get an MRI done on my lower back.

Oh man. I hope everything is ok...
The sleep lab is the normal Yearly visit. But I am do for a new cpap machine. The MRI is an issue with my lower back I have been in continual pain for a little over 7 months now. Past time to figure out why and how and see if anything can be done for it. What happens when you fall off a roof nearly 17 years ago.

ouch.......All the kings horses and all the kings men.......
Did not manage to put me back together correctly. It is a serious case of I was a lot more injured then I realized. And it took nearly 10 years for me to find out just how badly hurt I was in that fall and by them my comp claim is long past dead.

Check with a lawyer on that. You may still be covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back