Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

halodude164

Jr Member
ok, so i'm just about done with my last piece of pep armor, and 'm going to go into the resin stage. i was wondering if i could use those little cheap disposable foam spunge/brush things to resin sins it's liek 2 bucks for a pack or like... alot. i wanted to start tis process tomorrow, well today for me. any tips?

the short answer is yes. yes you can sir.

However remember to control the amount of hardener you add otherwise it will harden to fast and really eat through those brushes

that's why i wanted to get a bundle. last time i resined/glassed my first helmet i didn't add enough hardener... i won't make that mistake again. thanks for the answer

i use them for the outside shins they leave very few brush strokes and regular paint brushes for the inside but im sure that the foam ones would work fine on the inside

and did u find the foam brushes at walmart cuz i got 2 packs for like 4 bukks and it came with like 15-20 brushes

hellz yeah walmart!! my girlfriend works there (but her's isn't open till next week... but i'm near like 3 lol). more bang for your buck i always say

You might notice that they're made from two parts and glued together. The glue won't hold and the brush will absorb more resin then I believe they were designed to. In any case the point is, dab don't try to stroke and they will hold up the best.

They are what I used when I did my resining. I found that they worked just fine... sure the resin will eat the foam in a sense as it cures but but by the time that happens the resin is more or less past its liquid stage so you might as well pour a new batch and grab a fresh brush.

Haha I got tired of using, wasting, and buying brushes. Their lifespan is so small and costly when you try to build a whole suit. Instead, I use my fingers to apply the resin. With gloves of course :D Plus I tried the foam brushes, and it left bits of foam which was quite irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back