Ready For SwampCon

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneyman12q

I like to thank this forum for helping me make my first helmet.

MJHEKhv.jpgEhpbiSk.jpg

i also learned how to solder, so i could put fans into it to wear in the Florida sun

XWWjg0Z.jpgaMQS7WS.jpg
iKNWeN2.jpg

Congratulations on a job well done ! As I said before, the first helmet I ever (tried) to do resembled the garbage can in which it ended up in. :)

"Fans" YES. LISTEN TO THIS MAN. Words of wisdom, not only true in Florida by the way. Even here in Belgium where we sometimes are blabbergasted by that strange yellow disc in the skies and nearly flee away in panic when witnessing that strange natural fenomenon, fans are the key to a pleasant stay in a helmet, unless the helmet in question has some kind of natural ventilation (air ducts, Nose dams, you name it) but even then I still recommend fans in every helmet.
You've even put the one I see in the picture in the same location that I personally prefer.

May I ask : do I see 2 batterypacks of 4xAA each in that helmet ? Not critisizing that decission, but may I ask what you power up with those ? Don't tell me it's just one fan ? Or are you running a 12V fan full voltage maybe ?

Update

i have built most of my armor except the waist/codpiece and both arms
i have also started on my rifle, Reach's MA37, with a light up ammo counter. it's a simple led

IMAG0204.jpgIMAG0205.jpg

i'm planning on making the Tactical/Patrol chest, so does anyone know what kinda cloth/netting is used around the neck on this chest?
also i'm adding a water pouch to the chest that goes through the torso and exits through the vent on the left shoulder

IMG_20160608_024458.jpgHR_Jun_face.jpg

Cool Idea! I am using a camelback(water pouch) on my build as well
For the netting I think Its just some sort of fabric from an army surplus store. Looking good so far!

i'm planning on making the Tactical/Patrol chest, so does anyone know what kinda cloth/netting is used around the neck on this chest?

I'm doing this one too!
I would go for a ghili suit type of material, where you can stick things into it. In game, it almost looks like really frayed canvas type of material

Small Update

I found a material i like for the Tactical chest, a green mosquito net

gv9MiRG.jpg

gv9MiRG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That mosquito net looks like a good choice.

Would there be a weight advantage to using 3cell LiPo (11.1v) for the 12v fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back