Real Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanCOG

Jr Member
Im tring to make a set of armor that can stand up tp the elements and also be able to withstand paintballs. Any Ideas? and do you think it's possible to make it with pep? Ive tried resin and bondo, but both give way when im running or o fall etc. All ideas are welcome =]

The 405th doesn't really endorse making armor for paintball or actual protection, so if you want to go through with this plan you'll probably have to figure it out on your own.

Phenry pretty much nailed it. I highly suggest looking at a paintball supply retailer for tested and certified pieces of paintball and airsoft equipment. The armor we make here is for looks, not functionality or protection.

Cheers,

Kensai

EDIT: Ral beat me to the link.

not to sound like a jerk or something, but why do you not listen? many people have said all over the site that you shouldn't use your armor for paintball/airsoft. (not that we're the boss of you, and you have to listen to them) plus, don't you spend a lot of time and money into it? why would you want to destroy it over a few games? (my 2 cents, you don't have to listen to a n00b)

Outlawwolf117 said:
not to sound like a jerk or something, but why do you not listen? many people have said all over the site that you shouldn't use your armor for paintball/airsoft. (not that we're the boss of you, and you have to listen to them) plus, don't you spend a lot of time and money into it? why would you want to destroy it over a few games? (my 2 cents, you don't have to listen to a n00b)

That was unnecessary, He simply asked a question. there is no huge flashing warning about 405th not making paintball armor. And he looks new so how would he know?

I think you're doing more than just "sounding" like a jerk.

To OP:

As we said Fibreglass is strong but chances are it wont withstand constant paintball attacks.

Also in my opinion, Speed is more valuble than protection, And when making armor (Especially pep/fibreglassed) I can assure you movement isn't easy. But that doesn't mean you cant experiment with new techniques. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back