Red Glowing Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horgh

Jr Member
Sup.

Now, I'm making a chaos space marine suit:

redglowingeyes.jpg

And already I've hit some bad news. Just working on the helmet at the moment, and I just realised - the eyes. Red and glowing. Now, I don't suppose any of you fine gentle men/ladies know of how to achive this effect, with, of course, retaining the ability to see.

Many thanks.

Hmmm...

Robby's got the right idea. You could put the LEDs to the sides of the lens' and have some plastic blocking the light from your eyes. That would make it so it would look illuminated from the outside but not blind the wearer.

Another thing is to get slightly opaque glass or plastic and still have the light. It would make it look more illuminated, but harder for you to see.

you may not be able to get the "glowing" effect, but maybe you can find some type of neon red material, that will reflect any light, and give a similar glowing effect, but still allow you to see. just throwin it out there

How did some members do their Iron Man eyes...? I forget... I'd go that route, but you'd have to do some research (Oh-no! Not... r-r-research! ;))

Rube beat me to the punch. Oh well. Anyways, The Iron Man example will make it hard to see out of, but the wolf mask that rube pointed to will have the spot in the middle. If you find a compromise between the two, let me know. I want to make an Iron Man helmet and it'd be useful to be able to see out of it. Here's a topic on the forums where someone has done the light up eyes with their Iron Man helmet. Maybe ask them if they've figure out how to see out of them.

Razgriz said:
How did some members do their Iron Man eyes...? I forget... I'd go that route, but you'd have to do some research (Oh-no! Not... r-r-research! ;) )

Don't know if anybody has answered to this post yet,

but my way of doing the eyes for an Iron Man helmet (Never was finished) was to get a pair of shades and have 2 LED's at the side of each lens, meaning that you'd get a good glowing effect and still be able to see.

For this I'd go along the same lines, but have some red shades with red LED's.

Hope I was of help :p

-Spartan-Sauce

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a little thing explaining how the guys from nightmarearmour did the LEDs for the DeepEyes suits that they did, that would be perfect if you can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back