Regiment Logo Reveal Day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
Hey all!

After a long, much anticipated wait (I'd like to again express my thanks to everyone for their patience), the day has finally arrived where our regiment's finalized logo design is ready to be revealed! :D

The 405th's DIO, Asgardianhammer, a select group of graphic designers and the 405th staff have worked very hard to meet all of our expectations and hope along the way even surpassed them. All regiment members should know this is the final version and no further changes will be submitted as of now.

Once Battalions and Garrisons are ready for incorporation this is where a lot of personal individuality will come into play for other logos, etc.

Our DIO will be working over the next week to complete style guides for all of these that will include usage guidelines along with black and white versions. Once those are complete we will disburse them to the forum in their creation vector formats. These will not be distributed until that is completed. Also with each of these he will outline a paragraph of the symbolism behind colour and iconography.

There are many reasons why we are where we are today but it is mostly due to you the community and we very proud of our ability to come together and make such an amazing statement for our club happen.

405th lockups all-01.png
Canada MASTER_FINALS_061515 OUT.png

Now, I realize there may be some opposed to the final design for one reason or another, but the changes that were made were necessary as explained in the following quote:

I know that all of you have waited with much anticipation to see what exactly we have been doing with all of the regiment logos. I wanted to first of all say that I, first and foremost, am one of you. And this community has meant a lot to me over the last several years. Each regiment that has created items already for use at cons are free to still use these as they were created before these new versions. Eventually as with all things they will phase out over time.

I must say that the initial creation point submitted by all of you, considering the design criteria at the time given, had considerable thought behind them and as such it was a key piece of criteria in developing these lock-ups. I wanted to address several key points looked at during this process:

• Each Unit had something that was endemic to the region you serve, an icon if you will. We realize that each region is different and icons and colors were used to emote this in each lock-up. These were heavily debated. Elements present in your designs that needed to remain were left intact in some form or fashion.
• Each piece was scrutinized for line weight and conformity of angles. The 405th hexes were a huge design detail that allowed us to bring these all in to the 26th century.
• We avoided all reference and or imagery elements that were intellectual property owned by 343i, Microsoft and Bungie.
• We kept all logos at most to 2 colors with the inclusion of white.
• All typefaces have been standardized in accordance with the 405th Style Guide.
• Lastly we looked at all of these as a whole and how they related to each other.

This was a long and arduous process. Having said all of this, I am proud to say that we have them completed and the style guides for them will be forthcoming soon explaining use.

Asgardianhammer
Division Identity Officer
405th Infantry Division
Southern Regiment

I think they did a really nice job of standardizing all of the different regiment logos to appropriately tie into their respective regions, but also into each other and the 405th as a whole. I'll admit I didn't know exactly what to expect for the Canadian regiment's logo, lol, but I like it and the simplicity of it.

I'm sure some regiment members will be critical of the design rework (everyone has their own opinion, after all), but the key points mentioned above are why certain things had to be left out. I think the group we had working on these did a fine job in retaining the "spirit" behind each regiment's logo :)

This is wonderful news to hear! (...and I'll have to concur with GarzakAzur over the links not opening.)
I'm sure that whatever the changes may be, it'll look great regardless in its representation of the Canadian Regiment.

This is great news! I think I may of seen the logo as they were posted on 405th's Twitter earlier today.
It's simple but a very crisp,clean and clear representation of our regiment and that we are 405th.
Can't wait to get my armor done and wear it with pride whilst representing 405th Canadian Regiment!

Thanks for re-posting those, Angela ;) I've also gone ahead and edited the first post with new attachments.

I apologize for the links not working; I'd copy/pasted them from the original staff discussion thread, guess that didn't work, lol.

Will this also be the logo that will be next to "CANADIAN" above our avatars ?

You know, this isn't too bad. I'm liking the unique individuality between them. Now to incorporate these on armor for future representations. 8)

^ That's a good question. Are we at liberty to use any secondary color scheme so long as the logo remains untouched?

Yes, the secondary colour on the logo is the white, with the primary being red. I think that's appropriate, given those are the colours on our flag.

As for colour schemes, there will be an approved set of varying schemes to use included with the style guides once those are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back