Resin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikov

Did any of you started feeling some abdominal pain after applying resin? It's not deep but im scared..I Dont know if theres something with the resin but it Started after i used it.

Raikov said:
Did any of you started feeling some abdominal pain after applying resin? It's not deep but im scared..I Dont know if theres something with the resin but it Started after i used it.
Well, looking at the MSDS for polyester resin and hardener (Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide, or MEKP), I would only expect gastrointestinal pain if you had ingested resin or hardener. Since you did not mention eating resin, I'm going to say that your abdominal pain is unrelated to the resin. A caveat, though. I am not a doctor, if your symptoms worsen and/or do not improve, feel free to seek medical attention. BTW, I hope you were wearing a respirator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raikov said:
I had this pain too once my respirator was broken, you should get one. And go meet a doctor RIGHT NOW!
Remember to take the resin can with you, and show it to the doctor.

Hope you get better :(
-FSS

Raikov said:
How fast did it start... It could just be a random correlation.
UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Well, looking at the MSDS for polyester resin and hardener (Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide, or MEKP), I would only expect gastrointestinal pain if you had ingested resin or hardener. Since you did not mention eating resin, I'm going to say that your abdominal pain is unrelated to the resin. A caveat, though. I am not a doctor, if your symptoms worsen and/or do not improve, feel free to seek medical attention. BTW, I hope you were wearing a respirator.
My thoughts exactly. Even if it's not resin-related, pain is an indicator that something is wrong, so go and see a doctor after a day or two. Who knows, could be some food?

EDIT: Oh yeah, obviously stop using the stuff right now ^^ Better safe than sorry.

Might just be trapped gas or something. I get it all the time :p

But seriously - if it persists, go see a doctor. And for the love of Halo, if you're not using a respirator already, get one.

Crucible said:
Might just be trapped gas or something. I get it all the time :p

But seriously - if it persists, go see a doctor. And for the love of Halo, if you're not using a respirator already, get one.

LOLOL Nothing like that :p

I Was Using a proper respirator,It might be what Finnish Said,I think the respirator wanst covering my face well though...I could smell the resin sometimes,specially when I would fix it on my head sometimes

If the pain wont stop i'll go to some Doctor,It could be some allergyc reaction too

Thx ppl ;)

Raikov said:
LOLOL Nothing like that :p

I Was Using a proper respirator,It might be what Finnish Said,I think the respirator wanst covering my face well though...I could smell the resin sometimes,specially when I would fix it on my head sometimes

If the pain wont stop i'll go to some Doctor,It could be some allergyc reaction too

Thx ppl ;)
sometimes its a mental state of mind. you could be extremely scared of health harm from resin so you could be creating these symptoms in your body all by yourself just by thinking about it.

If you can smell the resin then that's no good! Do the proper seal check like it says on the respirator's instructions.

maybe you should stop huffing it for kicks. :D just playin' but seriously what everyone else said, make sure you are wearing a respirator and have the proper cartridges installed on it. "Particulate Only" will not cut it. And as always if you can smell it through your respirator, you need to get that thing fixed! I'm surprised that you got gut pains before you got loopy from brain damage inducing fumes. The way I usually do it if I'm gonna resin anything is to open my kitchen window and place an 18" stand up fan in it blowing outwards. They're cheap and help a lot!! Turn it on full blast and it should suck out all the resin fumes providing that you're working close to it. In addition to a respirator, always have an exhaust/airflow system set up!

way to necropost, he's either okay, dead or went to a doctor.

also, just do it outside, much safer than indoors unless you're a pro.

TF_Productions said:

Does not constitute as a Necro-post until after a month. At least in my book it doesn't....

TF_Productions said:

I agree with the collective dissent. The necroposting comment is not applicable to this thread, especially when there may be something very relevant to his safety in our comments and that this post is less than 2 weeks old.

Also I'd like to point out the fact that you added input into this safety thread as well, SO:

Your attempt at calling us out is denied! Please submit again for further disapproval.

yeah, so I'm wrong (again), you've not exactly added value to the thread by pointing out my shortcomings, also Raikov hasn't posted since. As I said, the conclusion would be "he's probably okay or dead". My reasoning is therefore, that this thread didn't need any more attention. Which it got tenfold. let's leave it at that, can we? mkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back