Scaling pepakura files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan90

Hey guys,

just wanted to ask if some one could scale same files for me. I'm really dumb with that and im sick to reprint it every time I notes it is to small.
But if you can tell me a trick than I would do it myself as well.
Here is a link to a scaling video from a guy who I thought did a great job.

I hope this link provides some help for you guys.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you're asking us to scale stuff for you, then we shouldn't need a video to teach us how.

Secondly, you can't ask someone to scale Pep files for you because it has to be custom sized for you, and requires lots of measuring of your own body (something we can't do).

Scaling is not as difficult as it seems. Just get a ruler, measure the body parts for the armor piece, and apply that number into the dimension changer in Pepakura. For example, if you're scaling a forearm piece, measure your actual forearm! Then, make sure you have that number in millimeters, and input into Pepakura. It's that simple. Don't forget to look at reference pictures to see how big the pieces should be in relation to you. You need to be able to visualize the piece on you when you're measuring yourself.

The only hint I can give you that may be causing you problems is don't use the "Scale" number. You should only be changing one of the 3 dimensions: "Height", "Width" or "Depth". You can only change one at a time, and then the other 2 change also to maintain the proportions of the piece.

Well, if you're asking us to scale stuff for you, then we shouldn't need a video to teach us how.

Secondly, you can't ask someone to scale Pep files for you because it has to be custom sized for you, and requires lots of measuring of your own body (something we can't do).

Scaling is not as difficult as it seems. Just get a ruler, measure the body parts for the armor piece, and apply that number into the dimension changer in Pepakura. For example, if you're scaling a forearm piece, measure your actual forearm! Then, make sure you have that number in millimeters, and input into Pepakura. It's that simple. Don't forget to look at reference pictures to see how big the pieces should be in relation to you. You need to be able to visualize the piece on you when you're measuring yourself.

The only hint I can give you that may be causing you problems is don't use the "Scale" number. You should only be changing one of the 3 dimensions: "Height", "Width" or "Depth". You can only change one at a time, and then the other 2 change also to maintain the proportions of the piece.

Right on. Thats is the best way to scale in my opinion. Not only does it work for halo armor but all other armor as well. Its a fool proof method so any errors made are just faceplam moments. if your for arm is 11in make you part about 9.5-10in so you can still bend. Its simple but effective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back