Schankerz' First Halo Reach Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick Bro! Looks great, keep it up! :thumbsup

Looking good man keep it up! :D

Thanks a-ton guys! Quick question, are two of the pictures showing up as upside down for you? I tried to edit them but they keep flipping themselves around when the picture I have on file is clearly upright. :confused

Thanks a-ton guys! Quick question, are two of the pictures showing up as upside down for you? I tried to edit them but they keep flipping themselves around when the picture I have on file is clearly upright. :confused

yeah they are showing upside down lol.

Yeah I notice pictures go upside down a lot for me too. What I do to fix this is open up MS Paint and just rotate the photo in there to the right or left save it. Then rotate it back to the orientation that you'd like for it and save again. It should be good afterwards. Either that or upload the pictures through imgur, gyazo or whatever website you see fit.

Upside down or not.....they look Fantastic so far. Great job. Is it just my computer or was your 1st posting extremely long? It's showing up as code only and a picture attachment at the end.

Upside down or not.....they look Fantastic so far. Great job. Is it just my computer or was your 1st posting extremely long? It's showing up as code only and a picture attachment at the end.

Ok, yes, I just tried to fix the pictures by just copy/pasting them but after I saved it turned into a sea of code that crashed the site for me three times. :facepalm
I just changed it back so you may just have to flip your monitor upside down for these pictures, sorry guys. :(

That's our Schankerz! Crashing more web pages by 5am than most people do all day.......:D

You know it! :D
tumblr_nln5xklIgc1u3mr8ro1_500.gif

Chest piece weekend report! Got a lot more done then I thought I would, most of the front is finished with the two parts that go under the arms done as well.

IMG_2524.JPG

I hope to have the the whole thing done by this weekend granted school doesn't get in the way. :unsure

Didn't realize that Tuesday was the weekend......:confused.......regardless the build is looking great!!! You won't believe how fast the build comes along once you get the ball rolling..........looking forward to the next update.

Didn't realize that Tuesday was the weekend......:confused.......regardless the build is looking great!!! You won't believe how fast the build comes along once you get the ball rolling..........looking forward to the next update.
Your weekends don't go to Tuesday in America? How sad. :facepalm

Thanks! and yeah, I was really surprised with how much work I'm getting done on this piece, I thought it was going to take weeks!

There's another guy building the same armor (I think, I know he had that same concept picture) over on another thread that I've been following. You should go and check his build out, maybe he can send you some pep files or something. Nice work so far, your armor looks really good!

There's another guy building the same armor over on another thread that I've been following. You should go and check his build out, maybe he can send you some pep files or something. Nice work so far btw, your armor looks really good!

If you're referring to ArmouredAmir's build we've been keeping track of each other's builds, I came up with the basic template he used to make his killer shins. Although it kinda looks like I'm doing the same build as him they're actually quite different. Mine is more of an ODST hybrid of the normal Reach armour with a few mods from the Noble Six concept art such as the helmet attatchment and pouches in the centre.

And thank you very much! The support is much appreciated!

If you're referring to ArmouredAmir's build we've been keeping track of each other's builds, I came up with the basic template he used to make his killer shins. Although it kinda looks like I'm doing the same build as him they're actually quite different. Mine is more of an ODST hybrid of the normal Reach armour with a few mods from the Noble Six concept art such as the helmet attatchment and pouches in the centre.

And thank you very much! The support is much appreciated!

No, I haven't seen ArmoredAmir's build yet. I was referring to Thom-A293's build, who is also doing foam for his armor.

He is referring to me, bwaa ha haaaaa. I am following both your builds Schankerz and ArmouredAmir. Really like what I am seeing and can't wait to see more of both of your builds! HALO reach concept armor for the win.

Update on the torso: after a full day on working on it and plenty of blood sweat and tears (yes there was blood, stay safe with knives kids) I got the majority of it completed.

IMG_2530.JPGIMG_2531.JPG

Just a few more sections to go and a bunch of detailing and it'll be done!

Fantastic looking. Lines are straight and clean. A bit of filling in and sanding but Fantastic job. Question: The small cut sections, are you using a regular blade or the hot knife? I can't seem to get the smaller cuts as clean w/o going over the lines like you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back