Scifivalley Con, Pennsylvania / Renewal of wedding vows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is your favorite, Locke or Chief?

red or blue?

Show us your best spartan pose.

What do you all think of them?

Steveeemega, if there is a specific knife set you prefer using, i would suggest you bring them. I will have a high temp mini glue gun. heat gun, super glue, metal straight edge, and cutting mat. We will also have power at the table, one way or another to power the tools. I will also have high temp glue sticks.

Last edited by a moderator:
power if I can find the inverter to connect to my bat box. so far the stupid thing is mia

Bad news for Sci Fi Valley Con and our table. Kusak and I were going to have a portable power and inverter for the table to supply our power. Our power pack is dead, and we cannot find the inverter. I cannot afford to buy new before due to today my car's starter died horribly. IT has made us have to try to find a new car for under a 1000 so that I can even get to and from work.

Well, I have to say I have some of the best in-laws out there. They found us a vehicle that is not going to break the bank on us, and it is in much better shape then my kia sportage was. I am so lucky to have them, and to be married to the nut who I am renewing with in a few days.

Hmm, so no power means that we can't build a helmet while there. But I will be sure that the 405th Colonial Regiment will have a helmet to give to the Gearbox Union. But if we aren't doing it while there, I would like to make a Halo 4 Scout helmet using the foam method if that is ok with everyone. It should only take me a few days. I will be sure to post pictures of it on this thread before the Con to make sure it's 405th quality. Also I'm glad to hear you were able to find a car. Everything always seems to go wrong before the best things lol

We only have 5 days until Con!!!

Believe me Steveemega not how Ash and I wanted this to happen. was a tad bit frustrating for us last night when we discovered this issue. a serious what do we do now moment.

Sci-Fi Con will be the perfect place to blow off steam and frustration haha. But I love challenges, So I will have fun building this helmet in a short amount of time. And when I said "We only have five days until con!!" I meant that I'm super pumped and excited to meet you guys. It will be a super unique experience to attend a Halo wedding.

You can still make a helmet without power. Knives and super glue work wonders.

I also got information that there MIGHT be power near the table anyways that we could possibly use, but yes, if you can make a helmet just in case before hand that would be great.

If we dont have power at our table we probably will be able to get power access from our friends over at the snakeye games area. They are up against one of the walls so should have a power point. We were originally to be beside them but some how the con organizer didnt carry through on that request. The folks at Snake eyes are friends of Ash and mine and will be running the game room. Just in case any of your folks like me play 40k They will be doing 40k kill team stuff on the weekend as well.

Ok, so I think I will just trace all the pieces on to foam, so we can build it Friday, and whatever we don't get put together on that day, I can finish that night (along with rubber coating and painting). I didn't realize that the charity auction is on a Saturday this time around, and not Sunday. But I will be sure we have a helmet to give. I have the pieces for the Halo 3 Master Chief MK VI printed and ready to be traced on the foam. Getting super excited for the con now!

Well it is finally here. Ash and I are up and getting ready to make the rather short drive to the convention center to start setting the table up. Looking forward to seeing all of you over the next couple of days.
And please be careful on the roads as you travel in. We have had a rough week in the altoona region with fatality auto accidents and just accidents in general. So be careful the fools are definitely on the road around here.

Guys this weekend was a BLAST!. It was great working and meeting all of you.

Kusak and I cannot thank you all enough for coming to join us for our crazy quest. Next year is going to be bigger and better. We are currently looking at 2 tables, and possibly more panels.

For the 405th as a whole it was great showing, and we got many great contacts for us. With the contacts that I received I am going to see if we cant get tables at more events and conventions in the coming year. Those events and tables will be all along the Colonial regiment's area.

For the pictures, and videos, I will be getting most of the still photography Wednesday and getting it uploaded by Friday. The wedding was awesomely videotaped by two great groups who are going to be giving me all the footage free. They were PokeTheBear.com and TheGearBoxUnion.com

Steveeemega and his friend won 1st place in the teen catagory of the cosplay contest. Steveeemega also made the helmet that was donated to GearBoxUnion for their ConQuests. As some have known the ConQuests monies raised all helped Child's Play. A great charity that puts games and art supplies into children wards. Steveeemega 's helmet was one of the most popular items on their table of giveaways.
DocDailey was a great speaker at the panels. He really brought us to a spot in panels that I have never seen before. It was different. They were fun, and very informative.
Jimmy Da Moose, Zackary, @the shiznite88, spartan45, Seth Wright, arma358 and others that have escaped my mind of names, all I can say is thank you. This event, and the renewal would not have been what it was without all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to help out. :) It was wonderful meeting all of you guys, and seeing the varying levels of detail that was put into all of your armor, as well as Doc's amazing designs in general. It's given me some ideas as to what to do exactly.

The first panel up is the prop making panel. feel free to check it out

[video]https://youtu.be/J8DigYIU8Lg[/video]

Hey everybody! I just want to say thanks for an awesome time at the con. It was by far, the best con I have been to. Thank you to everyone for the comments on my suit and all the encouragement. Thank you to Ashuraa and Kusak for inviting the 405th Colonial Regiment members. A great deal of thanks goes to DocDaily for his advice, his work is great and getting one on one advice from him was priceless. I plan on making bigger and better builds for next year. I hope to see a lot of you many times before next SFVC part 5 in 13 months.

Also, I didn't get many pictures of anyone in armor at the con, but I did get one picture of the winner of the helmet I made. Which I think was supposed to make it's way to the facebook page for SFVC eventually.
20150517_155241.jpg

So basically it as an amazing con and I can't wait to see you all again really soon!

Definitely a blast. Casey from SFVC definitely was happy we were there when I talked to him Sunday and definitely wants us back next year. I know we are going to start planning a lot earlier for next year I have a better feel for the things we need to have at the table. I sense the building of Free standing weapon racks and Armor stands in my future that I can disassemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back