Snarky Comments About The Search Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuray

I know I haven't been here long, but there's one thing that's bothered me here. I've seen a lot of comments about using the search tool. Which is fine. It's the snarky comments about the search tool that bother me. Let's be honest here. The search tool isn't perfect. I've had trouble finding threads that I've visited and even posted in (if they were too far back to be seen in my profile, that is). So, in the future, maybe we can be a little nicer to noobs about using the search tool. I get that people who have been here a long time get frustrated with answering similar questions, but sometimes it's hard to sift through 20 pages of search results that aren't what you're looking for to find something that has just slightly different wording than what you've searched for. Maybe we can just mention that another thread exists on this topic, post a link to it and move on. And, hey, if you can't find the link fast enough to post it, maybe that's the problem the said noob was having, too.

Anyways, that's my only gripe with this forum. Everyone is helpful otherwise. I just don't want to see people getting turned away from this awesome hobby because of something stupid like this or for the 405th to get a bad reputation.

The same question of "duz u put rezn on teh outside and firbrglas on outsid 2?!?!?!?!?!!", "how does i skale my amror???????", etc etc gets pretty old. Some people can't have even opened their eyes on this site before starting a topic asking one of the most basic questions.

If you don't like the question, ignore it, and move to the next thread.

If it is all over the noob forum, don't visit this section of the board.

If it breaks the rules, report it.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back