The Rookie Armor Wip 15% Complete Update #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen098

Hey guys! For Halloween I'm gonna be Rookie, I was gonna be MC but I thought being Rookie would be cooler. I'm only in 6th grade so I'm gonna do it simple. I have made a custom pair of gloves already and I'm using my shin/elbow pads for the base of the leg armor since they have the straps like on his leg armor.I'm gonna be using pepakura for the template and cardboard for the entire thing.I'm currently working on the chest armor. I need to go out and buy some A4 paper since that's what you guys reconmend.So right now my armor is 2% complete.I also have some questions on the helmet I don't want to spend a fortune and I don't know if cardboard will work for it and how I will make the visor black on the outside but that I can see through it on the inside. If you have any suggestions for that or any suggestions for my entire suit please post comments! I'm currently not posting any pictures yet.Also I do need a download link for a H3 ODST SMG and the Auto-mag. UPDATE Made a small freehand cardboard Auto-mag template.

UPDATE 2. I'm gonna use the hot glue method since I have severe sinuses and my older sister has asthma so I don't feel like getting anyone sick.So I'm gonna get some 110lb cardstock print out the pep stuff on it and hot glue it.Update #3 Chest armor is almost finished!I'm gonna do the hot glue method tomorrow and glue it all together tomorrow.

Ok thanks.I did make a small cardboard template of the M6C SOCOM.Also if I could find my camera I would upload pictures of it and my custom made gloves.

Well this is what I did for my old cardboard ODST helmet.

I used some blue sheet plastic and cut out two pieces and shaped them into the top and bottom visors. After they were cut and shaped out, I simply just fit them into the helmet together so they look like 1 visor. When they really are two. Hope that helps, good luck with your armor. :D

gallery_1273_1336_81904.jpg

gallery_1273_1336_67316.jpg

hey!! it's nice to see young peps doing ODST now... I'm 7th grade and rising 8th now.. well good luck with your armor!

4O5Th learner said:
hey!! it's nice to see young peps doing ODST now... I'm 7th grade and rising 8th now.. well good luck with your armor!

Thanks. Later today hopefully I can go out and get some 110lb cardstock so I can actually print it and then dip it in resin and everything.I've gotta find my old cardboard M6C I made quite a few months ago. It's about the size of my hand so it's very small. I do have that laser blaster thing from toysrus that looks exactly like a MA5C. I'll have to paint that soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about the double post but I have started real work on this. The chest piece is almost complete and I will hot glue it tomorrow and use the hot glue method instead of using the dangerous resin and stuff.Then once it's done I'll paint it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back