Tinting Already-Cured Resin Visor?

ZeldaCat

Jr Member
I resin-printed a clear visor for the helmet on my Mandalorian cosplay, but I can't find any resources on how to tint it. All I could think of was to come here and see if anyone knows how to make a black visor that reflects on one side from pre-cured clear resin.

Could you use window tint? Like the stuff they use for cars? It might also be worth doing a test to see if cured resin is dyable.

Back before folks perfected the method using fabric dyes designed for synthetic fabrics, like IDyePoly or Rit Dye More, which might be worth a shot, people would occasionally use a spray window tint that you can find of Amazon or at AutoPart stores. It couldn't do fancy colors, and only got you black, but that is an option, along with standard window tint film, since there is no complex geography on the visor.

The visor in my photo used tinting film w/ chrome paint sprayed lightly on the inside. Here's the tint I went with just in green, but they have several other colors available.

Back before folks perfected the method using fabric dyes designed for synthetic fabrics, like IDyePoly or Rit Dye More, which might be worth a shot, people would occasionally use a spray window tint that you can find of Amazon or at AutoPart stores. It couldn't do fancy colors, and only got you black, but that is an option, along with standard window tint film, since there is no complex geography on the visor.
That's true. I am just looking for a smooth black visor like Mandalorians usually have.

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back