Wayyyys,, Pep Helmet Done! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bethanxx

Hmmm,, I finished the pep helmet..this is the second one in HD i've done (the last one came out too big :cry: ) but I think this looks ok. Now I can't decide whether to mold it, or fibreglass it..I know Ican get more detail in there if I mold it, but I think it would be easier to fibreglass it. Dammit! Anywho,, I'm sorry about the really rubbish picture quality, I had to use my phone camera (which is pretty pathetic) and so they're a bit fuzzy. Here you go! :D

You have to fiberglass before molding.

The fiberglass adds strengh so you can bondo, putty, sculpt on it.

Then you can mold so you get casts with all the details and smoothness.

Looking great!

Very nice. Might be the picture but looks like there might be a few small waves in it. Nothing you did wrong or can do about it. Get some resin/glass on it and you'll really be rolling. Keep up the good work!

Very nicely done Beth, any sort of wavage or warpage can be fixed in the bondo stage so no worries. Oh and I TOLD you the first one was gonna be too big! lol :]

LastSpartan said:
You have to fiberglass before molding.

The fiberglass adds strengh so you can bondo, putty, sculpt on it.

Then you can mold so you get casts with all the details and smoothness.

Looking great!

Oh LastSpartan, thanx for pointing this out! Knowing me, I would have probably stuck some random clay round it or something stupid and random like that! :p So I know what to do now! :D

tlither said:
Very nice. Might be the picture but looks like there might be a few small waves in it. Nothing you did wrong or can do about it. Get some resin/glass on it and you'll really be rolling. Keep up the good work!

Sweet, thanx! I think it was just the rubbishy picture actually, there was some funny lighting going on the room,, but anywayz,, thankyuuu very much! :D

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Very nicely done Beth, any sort of wavage or warpage can be fixed in the bondo stage so no worries. Oh and I TOLD you the first one was gonna be too big! lol :]

I noeess!! :lol: honestly I laughed pretty hard when it came out too big and it was hanging off my head,, and then I had this random thought of when yuu told me it would be,, so I was like "Kells can read the future!" :lol:

xXBattle RifleXx said:
this is great for your first attepmt
but as no one has pointed out yet you could have posted this in your other thread

Thankyuu for pointing this out,, I'll be sure to post any others related to this in one thread. Thankyuu for the compliment! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnish_Spartan said:
Sorry, but you still have alot of work ahead of you.
Other wise, the folds are excellent and looks fantastic!

-FSS

What kind of reply is that? o_O Other wise then what? "Sorry, but you still have alot of work ahead of you." She doesn't need you to tell her that.

Good job, Beth! Folds and lines look nice and sharp. It's probably going to be a real beauty when you're finished! :love:

...Make sure to post pictures of progress!

Infantry-Spartan said:
What kind of reply is that? o_O Other wise then what? "Sorry, but you still have alot of work ahead of you." She doesn't need you to tell her that.

Good job, Beth! Folds and lines look nice and sharp. It's probably going to be a real beauty when you're finished! :love:

Yes I'm sure she knows but I'm pretty sure he was commenting on the title of the thread "pep helmet done". yes we all know that means the paper is put together.

Ok my children, stop trying to hijack her thread :]

Beth, if you need anymore help or whatever during the next steps, my PM box always has room for ya :D

BRI That happens all the time when a female posts something on this forums

Nice job looks like you havent suffered any warping problems like mine

TwitchFMX8811 said:
Helm looks very clean and well put together. Good job!

thankyou for your kind words! :lol: lolz formal moment thar! :p

Infantry-Spartan said:

Awww thankyuu very much! Thats very sweet! :p I'll be sure to post some more pics up soon! :D

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Ok my children, stop trying to hijack her thread :]

Beth, if you need anymore help or whatever during the next steps, my PM box always has room for ya :D

Hijack! Thats gunna be my new word now! :lol: aww thanks Kells,, I 'ppreciate it! :D

Keegan said:
Woah! Nice!
Very Nice clean folds!
Badadadaba! Im lovin it.

Thankyuuuuu! Badadadaba is a cool word :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bloodl3tt3r @ Sep 28 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Very nice! >.< i don't have the patience for pep, I suck too much at it, lol</div>

lol thanx,, actually I never thought I'd get as into this as I am now either! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back