Props What Is The Right Thickness Of Wood For Sliced Weapon Projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDCrockr209

Hey guys, I have put my ODST project aside for now because I need to make the BR ASAP.

I downloaded both BR pep files(sliced and non-sliced).

I have been looking at my stash of card stock, printer, and rockstar energy drinks to see see if I should make a pep version but I realized that I kinda sucked at it and that you have to fill the inside with some foam thing.

I am now thinking of doing a wooden version.

If someone can tell me the right thickness needed, not only will you get reconz, you will also get the chance to given my SAAB an oil change.

Thanks for your help.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Thats a darn good question. You'd think that kind of information would be provided by the person who made the model. ;)

Sean Bradley said:
Thats a darn good question. You'd think that kind of information would be provided by the person who made the model. ;)
yep but the person is but a wisp in the wind

Last edited by a moderator:
GUNNEY SGT bob said:
yep but the person is but a wisp in the wind

;) Mmm.. okay. Can anyone translate?

What I'm saying is that you should PM the maker of the files, AND scour their thread. I find it hard to believe that someone would go through the trouble of making the file, hosting it and posting it here for people to download without telling you such a critical piece of information.

Sean Bradley said:
;) Mmm.. okay. Can anyone translate?

What I'm saying is that you should PM the maker of the files, AND scour their thread. I find it hard to believe that someone would go through the trouble of making the file, hosting it and posting it here for people to download without telling you such a critical piece of information.
:(
i just sayin that its very hard to contact people through personal messages than it is to post a topic.
ex:Q:you send a message saying cool stuff could you tell me how you did that
A:consult the search
in my opinion the search needs some work to be more user friendly.

i talked to bevbor and he said it should be about 4-5mm so around there and it depends how thick you want it if you want it to be bigger than normal then thicker wood and take the wood and then times the thickness by how many slices there are so you can have an estimate before you build it

If you look at my thread on my build of the BR you will see what thickness I used. 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4 inch thick pieces of popolar boards. Good luck building your BR. I had a lot of fun building mine.

GUNNEY SGT bob said:
:(
i just sayin that its very hard to contact people through personal messages than it is to post a topic.
ex:Q:you send a message saying cool stuff could you tell me how you did that
A:consult the search
in my opinion the search needs some work to be more user friendly.

o_O

I think you're more likely to get people screaming 'SEARCH FUNCTION" in the forums, not via PM. I also think you're taking a bigger risk that the person who definately knows the answer won't see your topic or have time to respond. Your PM however will pop up on their window the next time they sign in. I could also mention the Q&A team thread here, but that seems unnecessary at this point.

Not interested in your off-topic critique of the search function. Works fine for me. :cautious:

*resume thread*

I think I know what i'm going to do first!!

Since I already have cardstock and all the other supplies here with me ready to go, I will try to whole pep version first.

If I fail miserably, I am going to try the sliced version. Either way I AM going to have my own BR.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Sean Bradley said:
o_O

I think you're more likely to get people screaming 'SEARCH FUNCTION" in the forums, not via PM. I also think you're taking a bigger risk that the person who definately knows the answer won't see your topic or have time to respond. Your PM however will pop up on their window the next time they sign in. I could also mention the Q&A team thread here, but that seems unnecessary at this point.

Not interested in your off-topic critique of the search function. Works fine for me. :cautious:
*resume thread*
hmm :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back