Where do I get Clay, Silicon, Plastic, FaceShields etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealthkiller24 said:
Hey adam great armor i know the supplies i need but i dont get how to make it
Ya seriously some one should make a step by step video/pics of how to make a suit and then write about it step by step. That would be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much thanks for the links Adam, I have been debating making a suit for some time and after looking over yours and BR's work I am inspired to do so even more now.
Both you and BR have set the bar in armor making, and in a way your fantastic work only makes the community better by pushing us all to our fullest potential.

Smooth On is a GREAT resource that I never even knew existed!

Spartan_117 said:
Thank you Adam, I don't know what we would do without you. :lol:

yea that clay would work i hve been modling for a couples of years and i use something simmilar

To all who don't understand, just read the stickies. If you want to learn about making molds, watch the instructional videos on Freeman's website (there's link to them in the Tutorial Links sticky).

Seriously, every time a new thread opens, there's an endless stream of newbies asking, "How do I make molds?" If you just take the time to read the stickies all the way through, most, if not all, of your questions will be answered. If you have any questions AFTER reading the stickies completely, feel free to ask me. I'll probably be able to answer, or at least refer you to someone who can.

Also, question for Adam. Is that Rebound 25 you're using for the mold in the Slushcasting video?

Could you tell me what the expenses would be for JUST the helmet pieces... (EX, Silicon, liquid plastic, the two visors, etc.)

What would it all add up to be?

Adam said:
clay:
http://hobbycast.net/products/chavantmodelingclay.htm
Plastic:
www.smoothon.com
Rubber:
www.Smoothon.com
Undersuit, Pressure jacket:
Ebay
Face Shields
Link Here
Helmet Padding:
link here also
Feel free to add more links
ok how do i add the clay on do i just put vynal then put the clay plastic stuff on then paint it because i have this special black vynal drys in about 5 hours but is thinck and can withstand any kind of weather its nice stuff
and i would put the clay opn after that
i am working with card stock as my hull here and i want it to be solid and look really nice

SpartanForever said:
Ya seriously some one should make a step by step video/pics of how to make a suit and then write about it step by step. That would be perfect.
lol i would buy it in a heart beat

So would DragonSkin Silicone be a good buy for my molds o_O
Just curious on which ones would be better
or
( adam what silicone did you use when i was learning to pour molds at your place? )

How about where to get a manequinn head???

Sorry never done sculpting before but something like this is right up my alley, and I want to give it a shot. I can always adjust fire as i learn.

scorpion sports, the padding company, do face shields too.
Are theres better? or are the other ones?

and also, i will probabaly be using rebound rubber, but what polyurethane should i use?

thanks,

chazodude

Im just wondering for the face shields, I see different formations in the ODST helmets and Im wondering how to manipulate the Face shield so I will look like the one from the live action videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back