It's done. After 8 years, it's finally, finally done.

IMG_7910.png
IMG_6445.png

There were lots and lots and lots of issues and complications and problems along the way (even at the finish line, don't ask how my deployment pictures turned out lol), but after all this time, I can finally say that I've made my own Master Chief costume. I'm thankful for everyone here in the thread who's commented and all the members and patrons at C2E2 who left such positive remarks on the suit. Also, special thanks to the person who made the Plasma Rifle prop in the second picture and allowed me to use it. I never got your name, but if you see this, the prop is awesome and it really ties the look together in a way the MA40 just doesn't. This has been an amazing accomplishment, and I'm so proud of myself for seeing it through.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the experience was all positive; there's a lot I'd need to address before I wear the suit again. Everything on the arms and legs has a massive weight problem because of how thick the original models are as well as an admittedly poor job of scaling them between each other. I can't take off my own helmet without outside assistance, and bending the legs is severely limited. The worst part of everything is the boots; even if the platforms made me the tallest person at the con, they got very uncomfortable to wear in a very short amount of time. The foam piece that was holding them together also snapped in two following a brief period of walking, and while I was able to quickly repair it, it meant that I had to stay stationary if I was going to wear them. Can't currently speak as to what my plans are to address these issues, I just know they'll need to be looked at for next time.

If nothing else, I hear that there's a local discount going on right now for foam mats...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back