Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
REAL Iron Man Mark 6 suit pep project, 405th teamup!

Go straight to page 37 for the big news!

EDIT

Last ever model of the Iron Man helmet by me. ^___^

Improvements:

- Grooves modeled in around the helmet for assured symmetry and placement

- Eye slats put into the helmet and tray for light source

- General shape has been corrected

- Bottom lip has been slightly raised for accuracy, and middle indent has been placed

- Top trapezoid on the back of the helmet has been placed

- Comes in 3 pieces, the jaw, crown and faceplate

- CHEEK GEAR DETAILS ADDED

- Forehead piece is now a vent, it goes into the helmet

- Ears are 1 solid pepakura piece

4646479730_9447e9b2c4_m.jpg

4646479812_73de83fed2_m.jpg

4646479868_d3de2cfdf0_m.jpg

4645864771_75ef0bfa1a_m.jpg

4646480080_8361f11e7b_m.jpg

4645864989_b20895c651_m.jpg

Can be downloaded HERE

Size tester HERE

New feature: You can scale your helmet the same size as you've scaled your Dungbeetle helmet, if you've build one!

Thanks to Dubean33 for wicked unfolding, pointing out flaws along the way, and for the size tester!

All Mark VI pieces will be placed here in the 1st post.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG19V9p9N0s[/media]

Me rambling about the changes to this new helmet, and shows an exploded view. lol

sharkhead7854 said:
Hey all, a lot of ya probably saw my "Iron Man mashup" helmet, the one that Dubean33 has taken over and done a damn good job reshaping. :)

Well, now I've sent off my War Machine to be tweaked, and I work on my own Mark 6 suit. I need some help from my fine fellow 405th members. If you have seen ANY detailed pictures of the Mark 6, please point me in some kind of direction. I hope to have this done soon, aiming for a good portion of this suit done before this Halloween (for my situation, full suit is unrealistic DX). So, without further adieu I present my current modeling/pep/building thread. (And yes, I will actually be building this suit and posting pics)

4622074487_555f214f4e_o.jpg

4622680476_8813524991_o.jpg

4622074657_2737358395_o.jpg

As you can see, it is very flawed but coming out decent so far, I got this done in 1 morning. ^___^

Comments pl0x!

AWSOME JOB! Found this pic just now. http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif That help? *I DO NOT TAKE ANY CREDIT FOR THAT PICTURE. ANY *

Last edited by a moderator:
sharkhead7854 said:
There are for Mark 3. o__O

I think he means really good ones, all the current ones are okay, but don't really match up well with the main files people are using (in looks or shape) but me and Dub are working on fixing that :D

And if it helps shark, I have the Mk6 6" figure, it's not perfect for reference, But would help, i could take 360deg shots of it and send to you.

Fox w said:
I think he means really good ones, all the current ones are okay, but don't really match up well with the main files people are using (in looks or shape) but me and Dub are working on fixing that :D

And if it helps shark, I have the Mk6 6" figure, it's not perfect for reference, But would help, i could take 360deg shots of it and send to you.

actually, i didn't know there were shin files, could you give me the link?

Fox w said:

If you could, I would be very grateful! Any references help. And yeah, I know the current shin files aren't the most detailed or anything but I it's all we have at the moment. =/

project_phoenix said:
actually, i didn't know there were shin files, could you give me the link?

Yesh, gimme just a few minutes. The file was released very shortly after the release of Iron Man 1, so it's a pretty old topic lol.

Yesh, gimme just a few minutes. The file was released very shortly after the release of Iron Man 1, so it's a pretty old topic lol.

[/quote]

thanks man

Did you get a chance to pick up "The Art of Iron Man 2" yet? There's about a dozen or so images of the Mark VI spanning over a few pages.

You should go to the official Iron Man 2 website. They allow you to 'explore' the suit and there are tons of killer, up close, high def shots of the Mark VI and War Machine. You can even download a screensaver that is essentially the same thing. It's pretty cool. Go check it out and see what you think.

Abzilla89 said:
You should go to the official Iron Man 2 website. They allow you to 'explore' the suit and there are tons of killer, up close, high def shots of the Mark VI and War Machine. You can even download a screensaver that is essentially the same thing. It's pretty cool. Go check it out and see what you think.

nice!

W00T!

Thanks guys! These pics are helping a lot. The more pictures I have, the more angles I have to overlay my model to make sure everything lines up. ^___^

As for the Iron Man shins- I'm still looking for that thread.... I hope it hasn't been deleted. o__O

I've zipped up the CGI MKVI vids from the official site and have them on MegaUpload. There are 15 separate animations linking the six different parts together, resulting in quite a few good views. 1280x720 res for each file, 9.23MB.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EPML7TBN

I've also got all of my Mark IV and Mark VI reference images in a rar... these are a mixture of promotional images, BTS photos and some products (game, figures, etc.) along with illustrations. These are of varying quality and resolution, but combined, they should hopefully provide enough reference for a complete build; 22.17MB.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Y3X7TZH

The MKIV and MKVI are the exact same suit with a different chest and paint apps. All other details are interchangeable.

Oh My God sharkhead, that looks AWESOME

the first mk 6 build ? :p

keep it up ! I was asking myself : arrrgh war machine or MK III ??

Now i've my answer, it will be mark 6 :p

In how many time do you think there will be some pepakura files ? I'll try to pep maximum i can to post some pics and progress for other users when pep files will be available.

Anyway keep it up, you do an exellent job ;)

Damn, those pictures look so awesome... I haven't looked around for the art of Iron Man 2 yet, but hopefully with these references I can blaze through this suit, I really want to build it myself so I'm modeling fairly quickly. :)

Expect to see the chest up for download as a pep in (hopefully) a day or two.

sharkhead7854 said:
Damn, those pictures look so awesome... I haven't looked around for the art of Iron Man 2 yet, but hopefully with these references I can blaze through this suit, I really want to build it myself so I'm modeling fairly quickly. :)

Expect to see the chest up for download as a pep in (hopefully) a day or two.

Good luck man. Looks like you're off to a good start. I look forward to seeing the finished product of this one! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back