My Starkiller WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocturnal

This isn't my first Pep Helmet Ive experimented with a few helmets ranging from New Vegas NCR, H3EOD, Hayabusa.You've got yourselves another newbie, but check out my Lord Starkiller WIP. Im about halfway there. Let me know what you guys think and any suggestions that would be good. More pics soon.

0727110003.jpg

I like it, Just remember to use support struts on the inside when you harden and it will turn out great. Good luck!

very nice sir i made a helm but my little brother crushed it before it was resend i was devastated.

Awesome looking helmet! How long did it take you to do the pep work on it? Also would you be willing to share the file? I've tried looking for it but I didn't have any luck. Interested to see how the rest of this turns out!

very nice sir i made a helm but my little brother crushed it before it was resend i was devastated.

Ouch that really sucks Kurt! My brother would be a dead man if anything happened to the stuff I've pepped... I put a lot of care into my builds.

Awesome looking helmet! How long did it take you to do the pep work on it? Also would you be willing to share the file? I've tried looking for it but I didn't have any luck. Interested to see how the rest of this turns out!

It took me around 20 hours or so, only cause i usually cut, then build, so it takes longer. Yes id share the file, just send me a PM with your email and ill send it.

After a Long Hiatus I have finally began working on Starkiller again! After a smashed finger at work I got the day off and decided to Resin and glass my helmet.

Supplies, Plenty of brushes, Resin, threaded fiberglass cloth, an Apron, and a box of Nitrile gloves I swiped from work. Safety First.
0131121407.jpg

Resin Done!
0131121406.jpg

Some Inside shots of the glass, its not the best, but it will do. I also plan on doing a layer or 2 of rondo on the inside.
0131121551a.jpg

0131121551.jpg

I still have some glassing to do but i ran out of hardener so i will continue over the weekend, and i also plan to Bondo and Rondo.
Any tips you guys? have im going to need it.

Hello 405th, just have a quick update I started Bondo work on friday night, and started sanding/priming/spot putty Saturday here is my progress so far.

Had to cut off the side flaps in order to properly bondo/sand the sides.
02031219060001.jpg

I masked off the mouth, I didnt want to get Bondo in those nooks and crannies.
02041207030001.jpg

02041207040001.jpg

0204120704a0001.jpg

0204120730a0001.jpg

Primer! looks alright but not 100% satisfied just yet.
0204120924a0001.jpg

More sanding/spot putty
0204121709.jpg

0204121709a.jpg

Well thats where I left off today. Alot more work is to be done.
And if anyone has the Lord Starkiller armor they would like to share please let me know im looking to make a full costume for this halloween.
thanks.

Looks great!!!! there's somebody on this site that did it, but I don't know his name because I saw it on his website. I tried getting a hold of him, but no answer came back. :/ anyway, this is his site. If you get a hold of him how to do this, PLEASE post it here!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Another quick update from earlier this week.

Attached the flaps with some Gorilla Glue and some rondo.
0205121710.jpg

0205121711.jpg

Bondo Round 2! I wasnt 100% satisfied with the top of the head it was a bit too symmetrical. So i found a can of Gold Bondo in the old Shed.
0206121637a.jpg

0206121637.jpg

0206121636.jpg

And after a million hours of sanding my brother thought he'd give it a paint job since hes awesome with spray paint. The Chrome insnt 100% game accurate , its more of a gun metal color, but im probably 75% satisfied at this point it came out pretty alright not the most perfect Starkiller but this is my first fully completed helmet.

0207121544.jpg

0207121540a.jpg

0207121540.jpg

I thought id give it a bit of weathering to look like its been scraped n stuff. I think i went a bit over board.
Now i just gotta cut out a visor install in and change the paint since im not really happy with it. I also plan to put in some red led's inside of the visor so it looks sinister.Tell me what you guys thinks. Thanks for checking out my post.

Wow that looks awesome! I personally think the weathering looks good, black wash it a little and I think it would be right on. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back