How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on youtube one day and decided that I has going to build ODST armor so I looked it up and found a hate video I guess? were this guy got banned from the 405th for calling some of guy here a liar and a talentless ass clown? Well the guy showed some of his work and I thought it was awesome so since he said 405th.com in his video I looked you the website and joined.

I found this place many moons ago, during an extended bout of downtime where for months on end I couldn't register or even look at the forums. I was looking for a place to get feedback about my airsoft BR55-HB battle rifle without walking into a circlejerk in the form of "IT IS HALO AND YOU ARE A GOD" or "IT IS NOT CALLADOOTY AND YOU ARE A FAIL". With the exception of some bizarrely double-standard postings relating to liability issues with making durable armor for use as load-carrying equipment for paintball or airsoft being against forum policy but allowing talk of using carbon composites and boron nitride plate to make *actual* anti-ballistic armor and adding respiratory protection to suits, it has been an extremely professional, extremely helpful, and extremely fun community to take part in.

I was looking for a way to contact Sean Bradley to buy one of his ODST kits and I ended up here

(by the way, if anyone can help me ocntact him, I would be extremly thankful!)

Looking around for buying cheap *snort like that was ever going to happen* armor... Nonetheless led me to make my own within a couple weeks after seeing this website.

I kept running into armor groups like the 405th and 501st in my real life adventures. For example, I saw Weird Al in concert, and he had a chorus line of storm troopers in "the Saga Begins." I also met several Spartans from the 405th at RTX 2013. When researching how to build or buy an ODST outfit, I came across the site. Last birthday, my girlfriend put me in touch with Sean B. (via the admins at GrifballHub) to buy a helmet and start on an armor kit. Now that I am actually beginning the build, I decided it was time to join.

I was researching cosplay material and techniques after running across the "KamuiCosplay" website - figuring I'd enjoy Blizzcon 2014 in full regalia. That led me to a storm-trooper/ Mandolorian costuming website where people were discussing the pros and cons of respective building materials, specifically Worbla thermoplastic (the reviews were all pretty much "no"). A few posts into it a user suggested EVA foam "like the 405th people" use, and I found my way here! I also ran across a few of JUSTINIAN's builds on The RPF and followed that bread crumb trail, too - but either way both were reasonably indirect means.

Browsing, looking for info on making an ODST. Came across this website and it was like hitting the mother-load. After two months of researching the threads I decided to join.

I too was also looking for info on ODST for my and my buddy, we are going to start making our own ODST armors, will be nice to have a 2nd set of hands.

I was watching some prop building tutorials on YouTube and stumbled across Cereal Killl3r's Halo 3 chest armor build series. I heard him say some numbers and I typed them into google. Alas, I found this forum and lurked around a bit before actually joining, and I am glad I did.

I was watching some prop building tutorials on YouTube and stumbled across Cereal Killl3r's Halo 3 chest armor build series. I heard him say some numbers and I typed them into google. Alas, I found this forum and lurked around a bit before actually joining, and I am glad I did.

Haha this is the same way I found out.

I started by watching DaFrontlineTrooper's videos on YouTube, then I followed his basic tutorials, making some props. One day he mentioned the 405th on his Facebook page so I found this community and joined.

Saw some people at a con wearing really well done spartan suits and later that night i googled how to make halo armor and the 405th was right there. I looked at some threads and my jaw was on the floor for a while. I signed myself up seconds later. I love this community!

One of my fellow prop makers suggested this site because I started to learn about Pepakura, but bit off a bit more than I could chewy and needed some help, not to mention I am hugs fan of Halo and have begun planning to make some armour and weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back