• GNOME

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KDE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Slax myself..

I've had a runin or two with Ubuntu, and i walked away with a sore head and lots of compadibility issues.

One thing that is totally cool though, is Beryl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 051 said:
it should be mac = linux > Pencil and Paper > M$
Zaso117 said:
windows 3.1 > Vista :p

For a lazy person like me, M$/Mac is perfect. Vista isn't that bad. I'm not going to go on a marketing tour, but as a programmer i enjoy .net and wpf.

And: stuff runs on x64 with sp1, like 5 year old tv-cards (no joke!). better than on x64 linux (sry ;) ). BTW: I didn't bother using vista before sp1. But 64 bit FTW! Wine doesn't do Bioshock, video editing, match moving/motion tracking. Sorry for the repetition.

Again, I think the problem is that there are too many linux distros. programmers need a soild base (os, api, etc.), then they can start churning out good programs. if there was something like quicktime is for mac for linux (a good multimedia api), you'd see so much more improvement.

oh yeah, and a proper user interface. the buttons and menus are to big/to high. that's why i hate the gimp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everyone hate Vista so much? I mean, the first build had some bugs on it, but they've fixed most, if not all of them. Yeah, a few programs aren't compatible, but you've got to accept that with a new system. I find Vista is much easier to use and more user-friendly than XP was.

The newer versions of Vista are much better than the early builds. Especially the 64bit editions!

As of right now I have an XP lappy partitioned with Sabayon linux and a live CD of ubuntu which i will be partitioning later this week. I use vista on my mom's Vaio...

I plan to get a Macbook after the summer, throw on XP/Vista through bootcamp, and then also linux...not sure which one yet...

Anyone heard of SkyOS? It is a new OS being developed (beta 5 right now) that is not based on UNIX or anything, built all from scratch. It looks really cool right now, and I will be getting the beta soon to test out. I will post a review when I get it.

I luv Ubuntu, i would use it on my laptop (already on desktop) if it wasn't for just two issues:

1: It won't install on my laptop because of the graphics card
2: It can't run all windows programs epically games (Tried Wine Windows Emu) :mad:
But thanks for the info anyway! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back