Adventurecon 2008 - June 13-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it is: The 2nd annual AdventureCon® Costume Contest, showcasing costumes insipred by movies, comic books, fantasy, anime, etc.

Just for all sakes and purposes just stating a fact taken from www.adventurecon.com/costuming.html

The first contest last year actually went well from what I hear from the contestants and had over 100 entries, where as Ronin and I were the last entries (we had to do so bribing just to be in) at 37 and 38. This year was just full of blunders. They made an announcement on the floor that if you wanted to enter the costuming contest please head upstairs and register. Ronin and I took the escalator (extremely tricky in my suit lol) and walked over and they told us registration was closed .. even though they just announced it was open..and even though it clearly states registration ends at 4 on the site.. with us being there a half an hour early. When Desolate, Dark and Vex tried to register they told them flat out no. So :cautious: I hope they get their gear in order for next year. Despite all that I had a blast and learned alot about trooping in this armor and I'm making the necessary changes to make it more comfortable (WORKING FANS >.<, sanding the inside fiberglass and strengthening it with another layer and applying foam squares at key areas) and better appearance (dual visor and LED's and one or two touches of battle damage).

/END RANT

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually registered at the adventurecon desk earlier that day.. but you had to be there at 330 to be entered.. atleast that is what i was told.. i think next year we will get a table for the 405th.. i will talk with jon and tim and get the 405th its own table.. and a guy here in henderson that owns signs now owes me something so i will probably get a banner or something for it.. the only thing we will need out of you guys is more armor for this area..

A table next year sounds good!! I'm in! Next year I think I will go all three days. kensai111 I understand about the padding, the top of my shoulders were sore Sunday! Padding on the shoulders is a must!! Also If anyone finds pictures on the net post the link! I would like to have more of the whole con!

Dont be quick to blame AdCon for the judging, that would fall on the shoulders of guest judges. Yes there were hitches in the organization, but thats due to something out of the con personnels control.

You had actors who have no idea how much time and effort you put into your costumes up there judging based on what they like, they are not costumers.

If you go to DragonCon, heres a bit of advice. Theres two costume contests, theres the big one, and its judged the same way. Then theres the more subtle one, thats not broadcast on the DConTV channel in the hotels, its a costumers costume contest. They judge you based on the construction, time, effort, execution and design of your costume. More of probably what you were hoping was going to happen at ADCon.

I was there, saw more than just the Halo guys get stiffed but a guy in a trench coat.

CGClone said:
Dont be quick to blame AdCon for the judging, that would fall on the shoulders of guest judges. Yes there were hitches in the organization, but thats due to something out of the con personnels control.

My main gripe is that I got there 2 hours early and couldn't get straight info on registration. I got sent around to room after room and when I finally found someone that worked there, they told me I didn't need to register. A complete lie V_V

The staff wasn't labeled well and when I finally found someone worth their weight, they told me there was nothing they could do.

Weak.

The crowd there was great though. I just know what to watch for next time.

---

Edit:

I found this picture of Desolate and Darkslitter :)

Halo%20Dude's.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the greatest moments were together as a whole. I had alot of fun meeting everyone from the forums and everyone was super friendly. It was great to see everyone's armor (and costume). You all did an excellent job and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did. I'd love to get together and do it again sometime. Collin, we need to get together about our idea man and make it a reality. I think after we make an example of what we can do we might even be able to get some support from the forums plus our fellow local 405 :)

Cheers,
Kensai

AdventureCon 2008 Costuming Contest highlights .. although the person who cut this did cut out alot of people, I caught myself at 6:08, Ronin was right behind me as the last contestant. After the poses on stage you can spot Ronin and DarkSlither chilling in the doorway with me when it pans in that direction.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ujzwKVk0X38

Anyone else find those interviews?

Also, any word on putting up a previous Con's section Adam or any fellow mod?

Cheers,
Kensai

The pictures look great especially that one when u arrested that guy ROFL

Good luck 4 u here nobody pays so much attention here in UAE(or in Romania) the people are so crazy when they see something like this (expo or not) and the first thing that they do is to call the police(even the most fake weapon looks real for them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back