Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Uk Product Variants

i found using david's fastglas resin + hardener worked a treat for my iron man pep takes about 3 to 4 coats but its amazing and very cheap also to make things a little harder in weaker spots as an alternative i use tissue which once again works a treat other stuff i use p38 hope that helps people you can get all of this minus tissue from halfords or a fast car if you got one near you

Hey mr tattootoyou! Yeh fastglas resin is excellent quality stuff- it cures in the cold tempratures up here! However I've found it's quite expensive =/
    It's good for small projects, but when it's for a suit and your faced with 10 a time, it's not as good as buying resin in bulk. Stevens fiberglass and resin suppliers, or East Coast Resins are both excellent sources for bulk resins- they come in various types and sizes depending on your project. Might be worth taking a look?

-Phi

3. Hi everybody I was wondering what exactly is the body filler that I keep hearing about for because ,and please correct me if I am wrong, but is it used for covering and smoothing your armour so the paper isn't visible and the armour is smooth and detailed
    Last edited by cursedzeba; 01-20-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cursedzeba View Post
    Hi everybody I was wondering what exactly is the body filler that I keep hearing about for because ,and please correct me if I am wrong, but is it used for covering and smoothing your armour so the paper isn't visible and the armour is smooth and detailed
    The body filler is to help the external structure and asthetic, you pretty much banged the nail on the head

Hi new to this thread, im going to start peps shortly, just been browsing at products and luckily i have a local halfords about 10minute walk tops but some things might be difficult to get from where I live anywhere I could get some nylons straps/buckles and velcro, decent respirator(s) and latex gloves(I assume theyll be in wilkinsons or something?) thanks for any help
    And those plunger things where could i get them from
    Last edited by Chiefy117; 02-16-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Discovered I needed one moree thing

6. Have any of the UK members completed a build with jesmonite yet? Have kilos of the stuff sitting at home, but heard that it gets real heavy when finished. Would like to finish my two pepped helmets with them if at all possible as I don't want to waste the stuff.

EasyFlo 60 - Fast Cast Polyurethane Liquid Plastics
    On Ebay UK for a lot less then the smoothon stuff.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/THE-LITTLE-T-SHOP
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/THE-LITTLE-...sub=5121533015

8. jesmonite question

hi every one i m currently looking at doing some foam armour but an put off that it might not be that sturdy was thinking of reinforcing the foam with jesmonite and fibre is this do able or will it melt the foam am thinking of using eva foam also have seen plastidip that i was thinking of spraying on as a finish external coat sorry if i ve put this in the wrong section or asked a stupid questions
    cheers dan

Hey fella,

I have used Jesmonite but with little success when it comes to using it on pep. as far as using it on foam though it should be fine, It doesn't get hot like resins or other things like that, from what i can gather its like the acrylic version of body filler or resin. although maybe try a little bit as a test just to be sure.

Hope this Helps!

Anyone know any good suppliers for straps/buckles?