Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skupilkinson

Hey guys and gals,

I've been thinking about doing something to try and contribute around here. After I got the low down on the perms that were missing, I thought I'd look into modelling the chest of the Hayabusa.

I quite like it but still being a Noob when it comes to Halo I'm not sure about it. I'm going of the reference I got from the Wiki and the gallery.

I wasn't going to start a thread on it just yet but I wanted some thoughts on it and my other thrads weren't really appropriate. Please be open in your opinions or critique, but also please be gentle, it's my first time(as in modelling armor). LOL! :D

Here are some pics:

[attachment=4593:Image1.jpg]
[attachment=4594:Image2.jpg]
[attachment=4595:Image3.jpg]

I started this lastnight. ;) It's been done to fit over the Mk VI armor. The reference isn't always clear being that the game meshes are lower poly but I curved out the chest parts that rise up to the shoulders. It still needs tweaking but so far so good?

EDIT: Here are the download links for the chest.

A4: http://www.4shared.com/file/50893851/ee8f5...Busa_FINAL.html
Letter: http://www.4shared.com/file/51013669/bbb36...NAL_letter.html

EDIT: Here's the link to take you to the helmet part of this thread : http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...st&p=194385

Thanks very much. So far so good. Though I wanted to post the pics to get some feedback on it. See what other make of it or if bits need changing.

Wow, you say this is your first time? thats nice :D, glad more people are working to finish the all the perms

Thanks very much. I've modelled before but not armor. I usually design papermodels so since I've come here I thought I'd try my hand at helping to get the perms done here. ;)

I'm just working on the clamps(at least that's what they look like to me), they are tricky to do. Trying to keep them looking square and symmetrical. I'm almost done though.

I think. :D

I'm almost done with the clamps. In the reference pics, they look to have a dark grey recess inside them. Is that right? It doesn't look modelled into the game mesh but it's represented by texture. I've modelled them into the clamp anyway. Not lookin' too bad. I'm just getting the basic objects done then I'll tweak them.

Here's how it looks:

[attachment=4596:Image4.jpg]

And that grey area I mentioned. This pic is from the reference pics in the Gallery I think.

[attachment=4597:36060801_Full.jpg]

ZenZeigan, thanks buddy. Nah,I wasn't going to add the finer details. It'd be pointless if it's going to get buried under a layer of Bondo. I'm just sticking with the basics.

Skupilkinson said:
I'm almost done with the clamps. In the reference pics, they look to have a dark grey recess inside them. Is that right? It doesn't look modelled into the game mesh but it's represented by texture. I've modelled them into the clamp anyway. Not lookin' too bad. I'm just getting the basic objects done then I'll tweak them.

Here's how it looks:

And that grey area I mentioned. This pic is from the reference pics in the Gallery I think.

ZenZeigan, thanks buddy. Nah,I wasn't going to add the finer details. It'd be pointless if it's going to get buried under a layer of Bondo. I'm just sticking with the basics.

awesome, if i finish my suit early i might give hayabusa a go

now all we need is the helmet lol, not easy

EDIT: maybe next you could prehaps umm... make some... HD calfs, seeing as EVERYONE needs them :p

including me :p

jk

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've been lookin' at the helmet. I wouldn't say it's the most complex of them all but it isn't the easiest either. I'm thinking about that one. I just want to see how this turns out first. I know it's fairly low poly but I'm hoping that it'll be good enough for builders to get the core of it done. Then the wonder that is Bodo takes care of everything else.

To be honest I'm not sure what to do next. I like Halo but I just keep thinking that there are other non Halo costumes out there that aren't available in Pep form for people to make themselves. So I'm thinking of something like Republic Commando, or even Robocop. I know that costumes for that are very highly priced.

I don't know,I guess I've discovered this other use for Pep and my imagination is just running away with me. LOL I'll look into those calfes though if they're in as much demand as it seems.

Skupilkinson said:
Yeah I've been lookin' at the helmet. I wouldn't say it's the most complex of them all but it isn't the easiest either. I'm thinking about that one. I just want to see how this turns out first. I know it's fairly low poly but I'm hoping that it'll be good enough for builders to get the core of it done. Then the wonder that is Bodo takes care of everything else.

To be honest I'm not sure what to do next. I like Halo but I just keep thinking that there are other non Halo costumes out there that aren't available in Pep form for people to make themselves. So I'm thinking of something like Republic Commando, or even Robocop. I know that costumes for that are very highly priced.

I don't know,I guess I've discovered this other use for Pep and my imagination is just running away with me. LOL I'll look into those calfes though if they're in as much demand as it seems.

ha, was kidding about the calfs, i think the others have got that covered

ever thought about a pep mannequin?

people want somewhere to display there pep and dont know where to find a cheap mannequin, prehaps you could just make it? i dunno, an idea, what program do you use for making pep models?

Skupilkinson said:

Here's how it looks:

Great! After you are done with this we just have to wait on a helmet then can every one (even those who not are good at halo 3) get their own Hayabusa armor!

I use a program called Metasequoia. It's commonly used in the papermodelling community. It's free(for a limited version) or cheap(for the full version) and is very well suited to this kind of design. It's native format, .MQO is readable by Pep too so it's ideal. No need for sometimes messy format conversions, you can just model and then unfold. It's texturing features are pretty good too, though not that that's needed for this kind of work. Plus it imports and exports a fair few formats, all of the main ones really except MAX.

I've never thought of a mannequin to be honest. Though it could be done, modelling a decent human figure though is a nightmare for most people. Including me. Sorry. :(

Thanks MasterBest1! :D Though you'll have to earn this if you want it just like in the game. Just kiddin'! ;)

Centerside, I don't follow. You mean the recessed bits? You mean dump them and leave it smooth? I kinda like 'em, unless they're wrong? I also added some detail do the shoulder part of the chest:

[attachment=4598:Image5.jpg]

I don't see that as fine detail so I added it. I'm leaving the finer details out though. Such as those rivets/bolts on that pic I posted.

Thanks for the comments and input guys. ;)

Wow! Im impressed. Look's great so far man! And as you have mentioned a few times youv model'd Papercraft things. Do you have examples of your previous work? And once again. The chest peice look's superb!

Centerside, I don't follow. You mean the recessed bits? You mean dump them and leave it smooth? I kinda like 'em, unless they're wrong? I also added some detail do the shoulder part of the chest

Oh sorry, I meant to ask first if your gonna do it in HD, if so, i was gonna say to add the details on the big tabs on the side, here's a pic of where the parts im talking about.

265693527O740087749.jpg

Thanks alot boyo! ;)

Yeah sure thing. I'll attach some pics here:

The X-Jet from X2, I co designed that with a friend. He modelled it, I textured it.
[attachment=4599:xJet08.jpg]

Designed by me:

The bridge from the 1701-D Enterprise.
[attachment=4600:DSCF0009.JPG]

The bridge from the 1701-E.
[attachment=4601:DSCF0064.jpg]

My recent design as for the 2009 Camaro/Bumblebee.
[attachment=4602:bb_004a.jpg]

Being testbuilt atm is the '76 Bumblebee Camaro.
[attachment=4603:Tex18.jpg]

And a design WIP that I'm bored of at the moment is the Gundam GP03S. In experimental colours.
[attachment=4604:26.JPG]

There are more but those are probably my favs.

for the mannequin thing

theres no point adding detail, i mean, for the head, just have a big circle, and for arms, have rectangles, detail doesnt matter, if your going to be putting armor over it,

you know them wooden toy statues of people that you can move around, well a giant fribreglassed one of them :p

i might have to work on this actually :l

Good for you! It takes some getting used to. Well,it did for me because it was completely different to the program I used to use. It's worth it though I think. ;)

The idea of a Pep mannequin is a great one. The only problem I'd foresee is ensuring that the armor can fit onto it when it's been build to fit the individual. You know, we all have different sized heads or waists so our armor will all be different. I say our but I haven't got any but you know what I mean. :)

Centerside, I forgot to reply. I was going to add the square recess but not the round ones. Though I will, may as well while I'm working on it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back