Doc Bytes Project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetOkole

You all probablly know that Doc Bytes asked for some help in making his suit for Dcon in Aug. Well I am glad to say that I am helping out on the project and wanted to show you all the build up on the shins that I was so eagerly asking to do for him.

Now I have gone and done a sample on the shins that I was working on for myself but I started tweaking the file here and there to make it easier for me. I dont know how to use a modeling program but noticed that Pep could help out a bit so I did some magic on that. The turnout came out pretty good and I went with what I had now.

Now for the pics:

doc1.jpg

The one on the Left is my version from Robos file that I did in Pep and the one on the Right is Robos Beta file. I will try to get Docs shin to look like the MK VI version in the picture placed in the middle.

doc2.jpg
doc3.jpg

Now this is after 2 hours of cutting, folding and glueing

Oh, btw if you want to see what the diff is between my shin and Docs version, you will see the big diff!!

doc4.jpg

Any probs or suggestions let me know, but I will try to get this done for him in 2 weeks or less!

nice work there! definitely on par with your excellent cqb.

of course, we'll have to wait for the finished version, but the start looks promising and you seem a fast builder.

I have no speech! I love how organic the lines on your shin are. You sir are a beginning to be one of the biggest assets here! I can't wait to get a hold of this shin :D. I do think I will have the coolest shinz at the Con. (y)

wooop

finally theyre here, i always thought the old shins where abit, too low detail,

any idea when they will be ready, im in no rush, so i can wait :D

Nicktendo said:
Holy cow. All that smoothing and prettifying done in Pep? Kudos.

What's the assembled height on those?

Ahh...Shucks I had a bit more to update but my camera just broke and my card does not work with my computer so I can't upload any pics...damn!! I will not let the camera bother but keep working on this till I have some time to actually go out and get a new camera.

But for your question Nick...its set at 75cm...using Robos scale since this is his model!

BTW, can anyone get some HI-Def pics of the shin...the one in the gallery has a white color and its kinda hard to see the details a bit, but if anyone can get some better shots of the shin with a darker color armor, it would make it much easier for me to get the details and finish this bad boy a bit faster!

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, you rock. if i get back to full duty status i might just get myself stationed in hawaii so i can learn from you!!

Excellent, excellent work! But just out of curiosity, will these be available to the public once the final model is completed?

Ixius

Skullcandy Girl said:

Ahh...my friend indeed!! But I WAS actually basing my designs off of those pics, then I started snagging pics off of the Bungie site and low and behold...totally diff so I am now using my dremel to take some of the Bondo off here and there. Yes its totally diff, but I figure that I will add my interpertation <--spelling of the shin. But once I get my new camera I will get the pics...as for now I am just going along so you might not get to see my progress as I go but you will see how far I got!! :rolleyes

Ixius said:
Excellent, excellent work! But just out of curiosity, will these be available to the public once the final model is completed?

Ixius

Ahhh...if you want I can but keep in mind that these are just Robos Beta files and that these are not HD versions! I am just adding or as NZ says, Sculpting here and there since Doc will be using this as his mold! But if you want it let me know, I will upload it for ya!

Damn Wet! Great job! Think they look great so far and can't wait to see your pics. Think I'm gonna have to rig the lottery so I can apprentice with you or Belakor. Keep it up bro and yes I'd like to see your pep files sometime.

Man! That looks so... easy compared to the HD models. I love it! But I can't imagine how you did it in pep alone.

WetOkole said:
Ahhh...if you want I can but keep in mind that these are just Robos Beta files and that these are not HD versions! I am just adding or as NZ says, Sculpting here and there since Doc will be using this as his mold! But if you want it let me know, I will upload it for ya!

WetOkole, if you could, can you upload the finalized versions? It's very generous of you to offer :) Thanks!

Ixius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back