Rules Of Engagment At Any Con Or Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbytes

DoC here agian with some simple rules for have a great time at a Con or event.

1. Take care of the place, It doesn’t belong to you. Treat it like your grandma's house. ;)

2. Do NOT VANDALIZE or LITTER the locations of the event. It is not your right to ruin a place offering you fun and community.

4. Do NOT be a nuisance to people so that you don't end up being removed from an area.

5. Do NOT pester people that you are unfamiliar with, or anyone that doesn't wish to engaged with you.

6. Do NOT disrespect things that will ruin OUR and YOUR reputation.

7. Publicly humiliate yourself. Rude and public display are not to be done out of respect to others.

8. When you are with a group or alone your actions will reflect all those that are or were with you.

9. If you see someone that need a kind word or a helping hand...... help them, make it more fun for us all.

10. Unless you have an open invite, DO NOT crash someone else's cosplay.

11. If people are rude to you be overly kind to them and show everyone why we are spartans.

With this in mind I hope to see alot of you at DragonCon, and I hope that the reputation we give them this year will be a presence that travels in POSITIVE circles for Cons and events to come. :D

See Also: Portalman's "How To Survive A Convention"

I was just about to ask, in the other thread, if something like this was going to be done before D*Con.

This is a serious matter. We are spread throughout the world, and if we're all representing the 405th at every place we go in-costume, someone is bound to screw up. I'm not really sure how to enforce these rules at events where mods are not attending. If it's just one person in costume representing the 405th there's really no way to tell what they did or how they acted. If they act like jerks and are rude, inconsiderate, and mean they are representing all of us, not just themselves. It's really easy to for one person to make a whole group of people turn against us. Now, on the filp-side of things, if there is only person representing the 405th at an event and they behave properly, are friendly, nice, and helpful we could have the whole group surprised at how well this one person acts and their behavior will reflect us all.

Even when wearing the 405th hats (and now T-Shirts) in public we are still representing the 405th, whether we like it or not.

Some of you may think that if you do one stupid thing at one event, that it doesn't matter, but it does.

I'm sure others think that all of the things DoC posted are just common sense, and really didn't need to be said, which it is, but some people may need a little reminder about how to act. ;)

Great list, DoC. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back