Props Halo 3 Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on the Halo 3 Assault Rifle.

AR1.jpg

AR2.jpg

That looks great!! if u can export that in a file type that pepakura can understand, id like to try unfolding it, as detailed as it is.

WMHunterTLS, I never gave you proper credit for your model of the Sniper Rifle. I'm using only that picture as my reference for my build. And It has helped alot considering that I'm morphing a Halo 2 SR into a semi-Halo 3 SR. Many thanks go to your great work. Thank you very much! :not worthy:

-Kelly

Another piece of excellence! That is looking great! Can't wait to see this finished. Keep it up.

AR5.jpeg

6236 Triangles

There are a few smoothing errors at the back and the grip near the trigger area needs work. And it needs a trigger.

I must say, this looks life a definite "awesome" pepakura project! :D

Can't wait to see what people on the forums can do by turning this into finished pep projects.

*Myself included*

I always have to say... it's probably really hard to keep it in shape... What would be really good is if some internal supports were that to keep it shape... :p... it'd be worth a try to make it..

That looks crazy good...

You can remove A TON of faces on that model before you export is to pep..
In fact, even for a game model, there's a lot of extra quads that only help in doubling the tri count. :D

But for rendering, it looks gangsta!

Also, here's a tip you guys might like.
If you build the model into separate parts, like a real gun. Not only would it be easier to build, but the extra paper used to "box" out each part also acts as internal support.

WMHunterTLS said:
I model all my weapons so that they look good in renders.
What do you use to make these files. I have heard of milkshape3D which is free but I have no idea how to use it yet. Nice work btw! ;) When you make the pepakura file for it can you make it in pep yourself to show us that it works well and tell us how hard it was to do compared to other AR peps! THANKS :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how to make pep files. I use 3ds max 8/9
You can get Gmax which is a cut down version of 3ds max which is Free.

WMHunterTLS said:
I don't know how to make pep files. I use 3ds max 8/9
You can get Gmax which is a cut down version of 3ds max which is Free.

I did a quick test.
I modeled a piece of leg armor and exported a dxf file and it popped right into the pep program. There really isn't much to making a pep file, you just need to "arrange" the parts as best as possible in pep.

Let me ask you, are you using any booleans for the side details?

WMHunterTLS said:
No, I decided not to boolean any of the model.

AR6.jpeg

Grip sucks btw.

Yeah, that's amazing. I could never even begin to dream of doing anything NEARly as good as that.
But seriously. Sup with that grip? :p

is there anywhere i can get just the model cause im going to be making a cardboard AR and i think the manuverability of the 3D model will make it easier for me to get every detail down and scaled and positioned right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back