My First Pieces Of Armor( Doing Hd Chest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH3 FETT MAN

Heres some more of the back of the chest piece.
100_5321.jpg

100_5322.jpg

100_5323.jpg

2Update-HD Chest.
ok i got a peice of it done( alittle piece)
100_5315.jpg

1Update-Heres some of my rouge helmet and plasma.
100_5309.jpg

100_5310.jpg

100_5311.jpg

This is the first piece of armor ive made but i dont know if its any good, I have browsed around here for a while now and finally want to make something.

This is my first right boots
[attachment=5459:100_4798.JPG]
[attachment=5460:100_4799.JPG]

And I believe that's printer paper right?

Try using Cardstock (110lbs), less flimsy and better for fiberglassing

It's still easier to use cardstock. cuz cutting small cardboard pieces for the torso or the helmet will not be easy

volkov said:
Is that tape holding it together? good attempt, but try a glue gun, outa look better
i used masking tape for my armor and it works good. but thats mainly because its paper tape. dont use scotch tape it sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
dozver12 said:
i used masking tape for my armor and it works good. but thats mainly because its paper tape. dont use scotch tape it sucks.

Well thats what i had at the moment so ill try to get something better. Right now im using some good box tape.

Th3 FETT MAN said:
Well thats what i had at the moment so ill try to get something better. Right now im using some good box tape.
its still best to use glue but masking tape is only tape i recommend.

hillhopper said:
from the pic. looks like you have a shoe in there .
but looks ok. gl
I do have a shoe in there but i took it out.

no Flash
[attachment=5465:100_4806.JPG]

flash
[attachment=5464:100_4805.JPG]

Boot and Shin together
[attachment=5466:100_4802.JPG]

The Shin is made out of only paper, and its a little hard to get my foot out of the shin.

thanks,
Ill be glassing it when i can come up with a little money just to let you guys know. Im going on to make the rest of the right side then the left and then the torso. :D

i am doing mine sort of like u but i am working on the helmet chest and the left first. i have half way completed my left thigh and bicep but mine will take a bit longer than yours because i am using the hd pep files.

Why, why, WHY?!
No no no... Don't start ANY Projects without glue! Buy glue first, then put it together!
*TAPE DOES NOT GIVE THE BEST RESULT, IT WILL ONLY RUIN THE PIECE WHEN YOU RESIN IT*

i use Elmers Glue and it works fine for me, i only use Hot Glue for big projects like my M41 and M247. your stuff seems to hold its shape well, the MArk VI i made out of printer paper and tape flattened out after i was finished.

Looks good though.

Cheers,
-John-

Klowd 13 said:
i use Elmers Glue and it works fine for me, i only use Hot Glue for big projects like my M41 and M247. your stuff seems to hold its shape well, the MArk VI i made out of printer paper and tape flattened out after i was finished.

Looks good though.

Cheers,
-John-
thanks,
ill get some elmers glue from the $1 shop.
But my printer paper shin is still holding its shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back