Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jin'thal
Name: Ash Hill
Profession: Fire Protection Technician and Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Gaming, Building Models (although its been a few years since ive done a project)
Favorite part of halo: As with any good FPS, solid action sequences with the ability to dstroy everything in your path
Favorite Halo: Halo:Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Mortal Kombat (the reboot), SW:ToR
Other Interests: Metal Music, LARPing, Red Heads (particularly the ones not afraid to fly their geek flag)
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite Finisher: Freddy Kreuger's "Tell em Freddy Sent You" Fatality
Favorite Band: Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold
Favorite Movie(s): Big Trouble in Little China, Boondock Saints, Clerks
Other: Warhammer 40K
I have been a long time model builder and have had much success with altering model kits, casting custom more detailed parts and basic lighting effects on my model projects. I LARPed for a long time (nearly 16 years) with 4 different games over the years. Recently my current game came to an end due to financial woes and I found myself without my monthly fix.
After doing some research online about costume building I discovered the 405th as very reputable with the medium I am currently planning on giving a try for a build, Pepakura. I have always wanted to attempt to build certain costumes to parade around in during Cons and whatnot but until have never had the motivation and desire to actually give it a whirl. I admit im more of a general Sci Fi fan (Star Wars, Star Trek Etc) then I am a Halo fan. My first project will most likely be a Boba Fett Costume, but im defintely up to the challenge of building a Master Chief, Iron Man or Warhammer 40K Space Marine set should my attempts to break into this hobby be even moderately successful. There will be a post on the noob forums soon regarding my first project

If there is anything anyone would like to know that I havent covered here feel free to ask... im pretty open. Thanks and I look forward to aquainting myself with the 405th.

Jin'thal
Ash Hill

Howdy!

Name:Gus
Job: Balloon Guy
Favorite Hobby: Art
Favorite Halo: all
Favorite Video Game: halo series, metroid series
Other Interests: my beautiful girlfriend, and history
Favorite Food: Chinese
Favorite Band: The Rolling Stones
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars The original trilogy
Other:I enjoy Pie immensly

Chaoticdmn

Name: Zero (alias)
Hobbies: Games and making things
Interests: Girls (lol) Games, good friends, Fun, mischief, and many other not so important things
Bio: well i am usually a laid back guy, i am very big on respect (to a defined point) i enjoy hanging out and gaming as most pass time but in spare time i love to think of the unthought. i get lost in my own mind allot and try to keep an open mind. i dont think i am to spontaneous but maybe a little phyco. i just wanna get along and move along in my life.

Name: Zero (alias)
Hobbies: Games and making things
Interests: Girls (lol) Games, good friends, Fun, mischief, and many other not so important things
Bio: well i am usually a laid back guy, i am very big on respect (to a defined point) i enjoy hanging out and gaming as most pass time but in spare time i love to think of the unthought. i get lost in my own mind allot and try to keep an open mind. i dont think i am to spontaneous but maybe a little phyco. i just wanna get along and move along in my life.

Oh and my favorite halo so far is a toss up between 2 - Reach for i believe 2 was halos biggest part and reach was its strongest. but halo 2 is still pressin on my lead xP i loed it so much was created in halo 2 its kinda where it all started even though we all know its not the first

Name: Brendan Mann
Hobbies: Gaming Racing Tinkering
Favorite Halo Part: Beginning of Halo REACH, having that feeling that we're all gonna die
Favorite Game: Halo REACH
Favorite Food: Whatever's in the fridge man

Me

Name: Brandon
Job:None
favorite hobby:dirtbiking
favorite halo: halo reach
favorite food:i dont have any. i love a lot of food
favorite movies:i dont have any but i love commedies
music:All but rap

Name: Jason
Occupation: Currently an operator at a factory as a temp. Hopefully will be on full time soon though :)
Education: Have completed nearly 3 yrs towards a Bachelor's degree for Game Art and Design. Was a full time student until recently when financial trouble struck and was unable to continue attending. But I should return soon now that I have a job once again.

Career Goal: Working for 343 Industries... long shot but I think I have what it takes.

Hobbies/ Interests: I of course love all that is Halo, also Transformers, Im also a huge fan of Gundam which influences a lot of my work. I collect Gundam figures as well and have done some stop motion work in the past with such figures. Im also into just about anything sci-fi or comic related. Im a bit of an otaku. Gaming is still my major interest and art as well. I do live in the country so I do like the outdoors as well and I enjoy building things so this seems like a great new hobby to start. Also starting to play airsoft with some friends.

Favorite Game: The toughest question Im always asked... and can never answer with just one. Suffice to say Halo series, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect series, Battlefield series, Minecraft, and the Batman Arkham series.

Favorite Movie: Hard to narrow it down but top fav's are Aliens, Terminator 2, Star Wars, Avatar, Fight Club, The Avengers, Inception, Zombieland and basically any other movies that are Marvel or DC based (with a few exceptions). Im a bit of a movie buff, typically speak in movie quotes.

Favorite Anime: Zeta Gundam, Gundam UC, Neon Genesis Evangelion, also enjoy Full Metal Panic, High School of the Dead, I do like the typical stuff like Naruto as well but I favor most Gundam series higher than any of the rest.

Favorite TV show: The Walking Dead... seeing as how I live in the middle of where they film the series and typically have to detour around where they film on occasion. Top Shot is a close second of mine. Other top Favs are How I met your mother, The Big Bang Theory, Top Gear (british), and Thundercats...lol.

Favorite Food: Edible

Music: Any but love me some AC/DC, and basically any rock or metal bands.

I think that is more than enough to introduce myself... now I have a lot of learning to do. My first build goal is to have a complete set of concept mjolnir armor I designed ready for dragon con in a few months... so i had better get started.

Name: antony
Profession: None at the moment
Favorite Hobby: basketball, video games and some more
Favorite part of Halo: Story
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: all are good...
Other Interests: music
Favorite Food: greek food

Name: Oscar Guijarro
Profession:School
Favorite Hobby: Build Things
Favorite part of halo: When Carter, Emile, and 6 (you) are on the pelicon being attacked by banshees.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Of course Halo
Other Interests: Computer
Favorite Food: Mostly meat.
Favorite Finisher: Grapple from behind.

Name: Chris
Profession: Graphic Designer / Advertising Manager
Favorite Hobby: Too many...(refer to interests)
Favorite part of halo: The end of Reach, got a bit emotional
Favorite Halo: All of them TBH...I get sucked in to all of them
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Street Fighter
Other Interests: Gaming, Airsoft, Taekwondo, Cars, Anime
Favorite Finisher: Not really a finisher but Juri's Kaisen Dankairaku (ultra 2)
Favorite Movie(s): Military/War, Action, Comedy, Anime
Other: Would like to one day spin kick a shark

hi 405th!
name: Ceaser
Hobby: Any kinda Art
fav game/s: Batman Arkham city
fav food: pretty much anything slaughtered from a cow :)
fav quote: "does it rhyme with shmishortion"

im really glad to start of new project and if i get stuck hopefully you guys can help out

Name: Zohaib
Profession: School
Favorite Hobby: Games, Sports, Halo helmet making
Favorite part of halo: The end of halo 3
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed,
Favorite Movie(s): The Avengers

Names: Reznick
Profession: Independant filmmaker
Favorite Hobbies: Making film, writing scripts, and creating in general.
Other interest: Watching movies, cowriting with my team. I use to love video games but became to addicted. had to stop cold turkey... never got anything done when i played.
Favorite Game: Dont care what anyone says EDF 2077 was my favorite game of all time!!! it jsut makes me feel like your in that scene from starship troopers at the abondoned outpost....Chills.
Favorite FInisher: Suck it!
Other: Reddit, Cracked.com and master chief i am so addicted to that show!

Name: Eric K
Profession: Contracted Airsoft Technician (Albeit I'm quitting soon) Future Army Ranger, 11B, possibly 18X.
Favorite Hobby: PC Gaming, love some Deus Ex: HR and Day Z
Favorite part of halo: I enjoy the story line
Favorite Halo: Gee, I enjoyed H3 a ton for gameplay, Reach for campaign.
Favorite Video Game: Halo or Deus Ex, Or Forgotten Hope 2
Other Interests: I enjoy studying History when it comes to armed conflicts, i.e. Vietnam, WW2, Cold War submarinal operations.
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Can't say I have a favorite, but lots of chiptune is involved!
Favorite Movie(s): The Matrix, V for Vendetta, The Hunt for Red October.

Aaaand I enjoy building Halo armor, why else would I be here?!

Hello
Name: Scott Kuust
Favorite Hobby: Painting miniatures
Favorite part of Halo: The lore and story
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 for multiplayer, ODST for co-op, and Reach for both story and multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: I have a lot of favorites, but mostly Halo
Food: Basically anything
Band(s): Don't really have a favorite, but I like a lot of music. Hate country.
Movies: Matrix trilogy, Saving Private Ryan, LOTR, and many more.

Looking to get into building some Halo armor as a new hobby.

Name: Just call me... Ash.
Profession: Extreme awesomeness, being excessively creative.
Favorite Hobby: Playing video games
Favorite part of halo: End of H3
Favorite Halo: H3 or Reach
Favorite Video Game: Call of Duty: MW3
Other Interests: Computer, DUBSTEP
Favorite Food: Ice Cream, Cheesburgers... yum.
Favorite Quote: Hmmm... either "Can I finish? Can I finish? Can I finish, Can I finish, Can I finish? or "Opinions are like ***-holes, everybody's got e'm, and they don't think their's stink."
Other: I'm cute to 99.9% of girls above my age, and 99.9% SMOKIN HOT to girls younger than me, but 99.9% of girls MY AGE hate my guts, but who cares?

Guess I should Introduce Myself

Current Residence: The Good old USA
Favourite genre of music: Alternative
Favourite style of art: Manga
MP3 player of choice: I-Pod
Wallpaper of choice: Halo1,2,3,ODST,wars,or Reach
Favourite cartoon character: Sebastian, Tobi, Tom,and Ichigo

I guess that should be enough, if you want to know more msg me

well im keddie just call me buck
live in fort frances ontario canada
fav band is godsmack
fav halo is halo 2
fav pass time airsoft and drawing

Name: Jack A. Kelly
Profession: Student/ Qualified Audio Technician
Favorite Hobby: Video Games/ Fiction Enthusiast
Favorite part of halo: Definitely all of the lore. I haven't found a piece of Halo fiction that I didn't like so far.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo Series
Other Interests: The usual: music, books, movies, SF etc.
Favorite Food: Anything I make.
Favorite Finisher: The double handed, mid-air, assassination in Halo Reach
Favorite Band: Silverstein
Favorite Movie(s): Any good SF/Horror movie
Other: My XBL Gamertag is Captain Del Rio (I know, awesome right?)

I've seen some really amazing work from members of your community over the years and I am looking to make a full UNSC Captains Uniform ala the Halo 4 E3 trailer in time for the release of Halo 4 and the local Comicon equivalent in Australia known as Supanova. I'll be making a thread looking for help pretty soon so please be kind and give some input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back