Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My version doesn't have that option at least not one that I could find. I'm using the free download and the only toolbar options are file, view, setting, and help.

I am using a helmet for my jorge build that is H:285mm, W:276mm, D:372mm, the scake factor is 14.029188. If the rest of the armor pieces are different sizes, do i use the same scal factor?

Thank you to Overkill for helping before. Now I have another problem. I've tried on a non card stock model of the Mark VI helmet and it is too small but not by much. The height in the program is around 260 mm I measured from the bottom of my chin to the top of my head to get a new scale height but that seems to big (it was around 381 mm). Does this seem right or should I go with a scale that is a little bigger than the programs scale?

P.S. I measured once before and I came up with around 281 mm that sounded right but then I got the other measurement so now I don't know what to believe anymore. Much thanks in advance.

i have the problem too.... but now i smashed the helmet inside the bin and start an odst one...
my helmet has a hight of 264mm and i need more...
you have to scale it up... the most peaple does have a helmet size of 270 up to 300mm in the hight.
by the way iam 187 cm tall...

ive a question too...
if i want to overlay a tactical vest with the torso piece of the odst armour (nightshade version), which size ive to use?
here is the vest
103454_0.jpg

the size is of the vest variable and i have to take the perfect size for me (187cm tall), but does anyone knows for which body size the torso is?
its the standard nightshade pep file
hight: 420
width: 275
depth: 189

Can anyone scale the MK V MOZ helmet for me? I'm 5' 2".

This is my first helmet so, I really have no idea how to scale this one because I haven't found any details about scaling MOZ helmets.

Hi all,

I would like to scall the rundown's reach chest
RundownReachTorso1Small.jpg
but after 4 try (print and make) I can't find the good scall.
The last print was with : H=440mm W=450mm D=452mm
with this scall I can't put my head on

I'm 1m75 , shoulder width : 46cm , body hight : 54cm

Someone can help me?

here is a tip for you two!

take a picture you wish from google with the front, back or side perspective from your model. for example the halo mark V.
for example this

then open it in any picture editor and scale the size to the reference of your hight.
for example the picture i choose has a size of 347x425 pixel. now take your hight, my is 187cm (convert this for yourself)

the picture you choosen have to be cut in the top and bottom, because you need the exact hight of the model, not the pixture.
then it looks like this
scale01.png

now you can scale the model down to your hight. you've got an model, which have the markV armor and your hight...

the rulertool gave you the chance to define the hight of any armor piece you need.
for example the torso
scale02.png

the hight in pixel is ~88 pixel... or 88cm for me. because iam 187cm and the model too...
this isnt the perfekt way but, this gave you the chance to get the nearest size you want...yesterday i pep the shoulder piece of the odst armor with this method and it works... its only a little to big (by the way, the first try without the scale method gives me a shoulder pice which only a baby can wear

you know that you have to scale it fit for your head? do you?
there isnt any ideal scale for anyone.

I only have pepakura viewer so I can't really scale my armor. I'm 5' 1'' and I'm making mark VI armor from halo 3 in high detail. Can someone please help?

I only have pepakura viewer so I can't really scale my armor. I'm 5' 1'' and I'm making mark VI armor from halo 3 in high detail. Can someone please help?
You need to upgrade your software to Pepakura Designer version first before our advise can be of any help to you.

I'd like to have a crack at the Iron Man MK III Pepakura.

I am 186 cm tall with a 60 cm average shaped-head.

What do I change the scale to on pepakura designer 3 to get started? (Image attached)

I have just spent the last two days reading thread after thread to familiarise myself with this stuff as it is a nice change from robotics. This is just art for fun!

I have a full workshop of hand and power tools, plus bench-mounted machinery at my disposal to play. Just waiting for the warmer weather now to get amongst it!

Baz.
2gwt6ow.jpg

Well, I got no answer in the last day or two, so I thought I would make good use of a rainy day just to have an initial crack at it. I left all the scaling untouched but you know what, I think it might even fit when it is finished.

I just used normal A4 paper, a bit of card from a cereal packet to reinforce the mouth and back of neck, plus improvised the ears with a bit of black foam core board.
2qle64g.jpg

fwrpg4.jpg

i think i came up with a good way of scaling correctly at least for helmets. Basically You get pic of the 3d pdo file in bottom, side, front views. you use photoshop to measure the distance outer distances Width depth and height. then do the inner distances for the width and depth. Next you need to find a reference point for the height. the Ds=Do/Di*(Your actual depth in mm + room in mm) same with width and height. Then you find the limiting one, and change that one in the scale. When i scale the Hayabusa made by agbate, i get 401mm for height, 385mm width, and 428 depth. My actuals are ~267mm height, ~279mm depth, ~218mm width. Can anyone tell me if that sounds like it is in the ball park if not what area is too big or too small.

okay i'm not sure what to set the conversion to. i'll put height, head, and chest and stomach measurments so that most parts should fit perfectly.
head=length from bottom of jawbone to highest part on top:8 and 1/4 inches
height=from bottom to top of course!:63 and 1/2 inches
Chest:around ribcage at its longest point(basically the top):35 inches
Chest:height from lowest part where ribcage starts to right below the collarbone:12 inches
stomach: around the stomach at its widest point:34 inches
I would like to get an answer ASAP thanks!

Just gettin into my build on the comp portion first before I start any printing. I'm Building a Jorge suit.
I'm 6'2" I have a 42" waist I weigh in close to 300lb. I'm the 'Jorge' of my friends group. I have a Broad Chest and Shoulders.

If anyone can help me with sccaling please please please Email me EKshrek86@fuse.net.
I don't want to screw up too badly as I'm limited on funds.

Thanks Jester1014

Ok, question. I couldn’t find my answer. If I downloaded the bulk pack of halo files from the site, the one with everything in it, all the piece files are separate, where as there is a file for the arbiter armor that has it all in one file. My question is, if I open a single file, and the only thing in it is the helmet, do I still use my height for the scaling or do I measure the height of my head? Same for the other pieces, would I use my height to scale the forearms, or just the length of my forearm?

Greetings 405th,

Long time lurker, never really had any time to start up a build. Now that I am currently on leave from work, I have all sorts of time. I grabbed the "Ultimate Noob List" and ran to Wal-Mart earlier, snagging everything I need. My problem now is that I have no idea how to scale the armor. I pepped a helmet earlier, and it is smaller than the Legendary one. Oops. On the Wiki, I found a formula to calculate the scale. I printed a few pieces and compared them to my tiny helmet, they don't seem much bigger. Is there a way to get a spot-on(ish) scale before going through all my cardstock? Any help would be great, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back