Posting You Own Pictures / Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

23Magnum

Ok some people still have trouble with this occasionally and with the new guidelines requiring pictures for WIP threads I felt it necessary to make this little guide on how to post your own images/pictures in your threads.

This tutorial will cover Photobucket.com.

(Click images for larger versions)

Step 1:
Register at Photobucket.com

Step 2:
Login to your profile. We'll use my profile as an example with posting the images I'm going to use in this tutorial.

Step 3:
You should find yourself at this screen(in your own profile of course), if not just click on your user name you choose which appears in the upper right hand corner area.
PhotobucketGuidePic1.jpg

Step 4:
Next, turn your attention to this part of the screen. Click on the "Choose Files" button when uploading from the PC you are currently working on. The only other option I've used is the "Web URL" option and that's pretty self explanatory.

Note!: This step has changed slightly as there is just a green button that says "Upload Images and Videos".

PhotobucketGuidePic2.jpg

Step 5:
Once you click the "Choose Files" button, a window will open like the one shown here. Navigate to where you have your images/pictures saved on your computer, and select them. You can select more than one by holding the "Ctrl"; key as usual. Click the "Open"; button when you have all the images selected, and they will be uploaded automatically.

PhotobucketGuidePic3.jpg
Step 6:
You're images have been uploaded and the page should have refreshed. It will show the most recently uploaded images at the top. Now here you have a choice. You can either click in the text field next to the "IMG Code"(the code used on the forums to post images) or you can select multiple images and proceed to the next step. Note that if you choose to use the "IMG Code", images will show up at their full size when posted. Paste the "IMG code"; straight into any post to post your image.
PhotobucketGuidePic4.jpg

Step 7:
This step is quite convenient when posting multiple images that are rather large in size and will take up a lot of space in a post. After selecting multiple images as seen in the image in the previous step, go to the bottom of the page where you'll see these buttons. Click the "Generate HTML and IMG code button".
PhotobucketGuidePic5.jpg

Step 8:
The previous step brings you to this screen seen in the image below.
PhotobucketGuidePic6.jpg
Now I usually choose the third option for Thumbnails with links to the larger images as I've used here. You can arrange them how ever you want just be sure to keep the code all together for each image.

Note!: There may be an bit of extra code with links to your actual photobucket account now. It's appears in the link after the last "/" and before the picture file's name. Remove it to make sure the link only directs someone to the picture and not your account if you wish.

That's all there is too it. Happy posting and ask any questions about posting images using Photobucket here.

I still find Photobucket the better of the two for managing multiple photos and albums, without ads I might add.

23Magnum said:
I still find Photobucket the better of the two for managing multiple photos and albums, without ads I might add.
I agree. Photobucket loads a lot faster and when you click on the pic, it has no intrusive ads like Imageshack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great tut magnum. I had to learn the hard way how to make clickable thumbnails. But this will definitely help
clean up the mess of images on threads and make it easier for 56kers.

i forget, how much space does photobucket give to free users? my pictures are pretty big, and i have quite a few of them.

rvb4life said:
i forget, how much space does photobucket give to free users? my pictures are pretty big, and i have quite a few of them.

Im pretty sure photo bucket gives you as much as you want. And my vote goes to photo bucket, good stuff, and the photo editing is a nice added feture

23Magnum said:

I have and have used photobucket, but with my new internet connection (it's slow) i started having problems with it. I could only load one or two pictures at a time and would have to try to upload them more than once for them to work. Right now i am using "flickr" it seems to be a lot more slow speed friendly. I can load 6 pictures at once with out a problem and only have to do it once.

Realized this thread had lost all its proper photo links and I finally got around to fixing it. Enjoy for those that it may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back