Hi All, Figuratively New Around Here! My Pin Up Spartan And Flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydra

Hi there, I've been a very long time troll/lurker around here, but after attending D*Con and bumping into quite a few of the 405th and being asked about joining the forums... well, here we go! Gotta start some where! Halo and Star Wars are my two biggest passions, though admittedly, I've been playing less on live then I've wanted to recently and my weapons projects and girly spartan has been pushed aside in favor of boring real life stuff. So,I want to get back to my projects and I'm excited to be here c:

P4120076-1.jpg

My flags were made in a one week span, so they're not the best, no (missing the skull and crescent and also the way the flag hangs), but they worked.

halo-1.jpg

(I'm in the blue) Still a work in progress, the next step is making the boots, which I want to do in thigh high with knee, shin and full foot armor. The skirt will also be altered.

fur_rpf-1.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

With some familiar folks at D*Con c:

Welcome! Need any help, just check the Q&A team and PM one of us or anyone else you think can help you. Glad to have another spartan in the works.

Woot! Another girl for the Ranks!... and it looks like you are quite familiar with the Head Hochos areound here :D

I hope you enjoy our little Community here and don't hesitate to PM any of the Q&A Team members for help.... though it looks like you've already made great progress so far without us :p

First and foremost, Welcome to our forums. ;D We have many members who are part of a team that will help you with any questions you might ask. ;)

Weapons Projects, eh? I'll be glad to help you in any way I can if you want tips on how to make them. ;)

Are those... leg warmers?

Awesome stuff, welcome to the forums. V1p3r's your man if you want to work with carpentry, and I specialize in toy modification. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I gotta get me one of those flags...

welcome, im the go-to guy when it comes to pepakura stuff, but you shouldnt have a problem with it anyway.

and shhhh.....don't admit you are a troll, it'll get you in trouble.

Nice to have a new member on the forums!! Welcome!
Thanks for the bluerealm pic =D Your legendary helmet looks cool too..

-FSS

Thank you all, so far, for the warm welcome!
Yeppo! I used the legendary helm for the pin up because it was the exact size I was looking for. After it was torn apart, I created a custom armature that would give it strength and comfort, painted the individual pieces and well, you know the drill.
For sight, I removed the nose piece and replaced it with black screen, the nose piece can be snapped back in for display, it worked ok. I'm pretty sure my next step will be making a custom visor for the helm. Nothing wrong with it, after all (not sure there's a prejudice against them or anything around here or not...) and perfect size for what the costume is bound to accomplish.
When I start my armor I'm going to sculpt a brand new helm though. No worries!

A major goal I wanna tackle is a sword, mostly because I'd never handled nor seen an energy sword prop I've been satisfied with.... and well a snipe, cause they're sexy, haha.

I used the term troll in a light way, I'll try and assure you that I'm honest/kind nice person, or at least I'd like to perhaps think I am? Glad to be here posting anyways! <3

Hydra said:
[...

A major goal I wanna tackle is a sword, mostly because I'd never handled nor seen an energy sword prop I've been satisfied with.... and well a snipe, cause they're sexy, haha.

[...]

Quick! Someone get Sean! <.< >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
[3p0] it IS you...it iiiiiiis you!

hey Liz, welcome to over here too!

why arent you Tex? come on......

now a custom spartan paint scheme woudl be awesome with your skills.

(for those of you who dont know Liz is THE master of custom designs)

Welcome to 405th! And great job on your helmet and flags, I'm always happy to see someone that doesn't start off by asking a ton of questions :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back