My Completed Halo Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT
------------------
sorry guys about the second thread i just wasnt thinking my bad

there it is Folks its done what do you guys think its only made from cardboard and paper mache'
:3
btw i just realised my best friend's birth day is thursday and i think ill give this to 'em :D
i hope he will love it

and btw again i have know clue why youtube sped up the vid... :mad:

---------------------------------

haloarbykwame.png

hey guys its me again and another prop from me
i've brought led's for the ammor counter and im not sure how to put then on the gun

btw this is gonna be part of my costume for Animazement 09 in may http://www.animazement.org/ im gonna try to make the todd mcfarlene hell spartan costume of the action figure i hope ill be able to pull it off
spawn_spartan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good. How are you going to make/get a visor for the EVA? If you buy a see through visor, you'd still need to paint those green blobs on there.

Socket said:
looks good. How are you going to make/get a visor for the EVA? If you buy a see through visor, you'd still need to paint those green blobs on there.
thats the main thing im worried about i was thinking of using a fish bowl
maybe ill go to the thrift store and look for one lol
i was thinking of getting green and silver car window tint for it
kinda like whats on this car
P1010097.jpg

The eva visor has been the topic for many discussions here, but it's certainly not impossible. I'd recommend doing your research and getting creative with it. My first thought would be that if you find something that would work really well for the visor, to try to modify the helmet file to accomodate the visor. (assuming that it still looks realistic) Best of luck!

P.S. I really like that magnum! The detail looks really good considering that it looks like you used cardboard! :)

you can buy plexi glass that comes in the green color, ive seen it at hobbly lobby more than once. creat a mold out of the pep file and use clay to create the finished mold product, put plexi on the mold, and throw it in the oven, ive used that method ONE time to create a really nice looking custome window for my Modded Dreamcast, problem with it is, you need the resources to Fire the clay hard, and you need to have really good skills with clay and getting it smooth enough so that there are no defects in the Plexi.

it depends on the price of the plexi glass stuff your talking about
my budget is really low i hope to spend only 200$ on the project if thats possibe?

xXBattle RifleXx said:
it depends on the price of the plexi glass stuff your talking about
my budget is really low i hope to spend only 200$ on the project if thats possibe?

Wait?? On the whole suit?!?! I spend 1400USD on my helmet :(

-FSS

Yeah but you molded your helmet and you ordered the products.

Depending on where you live and everything, you can have a cast for 300$ if you do it normally.

But you don't have to mold it at all.

it'll still cost a ton of money regardless of molding.

i have 1 helmet bondoed and one fiberglassed, im at 100 dollars for just that. i need more supplies too.

if you can't find a lot of cash soon, you aren't gonna finish the suit.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Wait?? On the whole suit?!?! I spend 1400USD on my helmet :(

-FSS

wow really
i mean im gonna use pep.
im not gonna mold it or anything
whats the average price of bondo and fiberglass resin guys?

At Walmart I can get a gallon of bondo and a quart of resin for about 26 bucks. May be higher or lower for you.

price listed in my sig. is chest so far :p and im still doing work on it and it needs to be updated another i think 20 $s

mat or cloth for me is round about 4.50 or 6.50 depending if i get it at wal mart or HD bondo is bout 15 and so is fiberglass resin

that helm would be pretty slick

tlither said:
At Walmart I can get a gallon of bondo and a quart of resin for about 26 bucks. May be higher or lower for you.
okay now i have abour 60$ i could get that most likely tomorrow

one more question do you have to show i.d. when buying bondo and resin like when you buy spray paint cause at my wal mart you cant buy spray paint under 18

Dont mean to bring you down or anything, but if you want to make a quality suit that looks like the one it your reference picture, your gonna have to spend more than $200.

That looks great! Especially for cardboard. I wish youtube wasn't being gay to your video, though...

tlither said:
For cardboard and paper mache, that looks really amazing! Excellent job!

thanks man now i've just started on the SMG
and i may make another A.R. for myself soon also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back