Ma5b Assault Rifle Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm374787

I've started on an MA5B Assault Rifle as seen in Halo: Combat Evolved.

Some pictures of the rifle so far.

Template
n640599428_672403_4301.jpg

Cardboard layers (I made four even though there's only two in this picture)
n640599428_672405_4826.jpg

Four layers glued together before detailing
n640599428_672406_5096.jpg

Four layers after detailing
n640599428_672407_5363.jpg

I'm planning on either fiberglassing or using paper mache to cover this before painting it, what would people recomend?

I really think it looks great so far! I like your idea of layering the model with other cut-outs and forming the details with other layers! I remember when I first started, mine looked exactly like your cut=outs, just not as detailed as the last picture. Hope to see more..

- Modesty and Mope's ~ The Modeler

Modeler said:
I really think it looks great so far! I like your idea of layering the model with other cut-outs and forming the details with other layers! I remember when I first started, mine looked exactly like your cut=outs, just not as detailed as the last picture. Hope to see more..

- Modesty and Mope's ~ The Modeler

Last edited by a moderator:
tlither said:
I'll be waiting to see this finnished.
Finnish, where?? Oh, here i am.. D' oh!
Anyways, the assault rifle looks like a great start, reminds me of my assault rifle back in the days... *sigh*
Wait!? Im still working on it.. D' oh!

Add a couple of more layers for the details and it will look cool.
I would suggest cutting out the cardboard flashlight, or scope. Since that is one part, you dont want to make out of cardboard.

Good luck!
-FSS

PS. Use resin and bondo, dont fiberglass it. If you want a non toxic option, paper mache.
The cardboard gives it a good structural strenght.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Add a couple of more layers for the details and it will look cool.
I would suggest cutting out the cardboard flashlight, or scope. Since that is one part, you dont want to make out of cardboard.

Good luck!
-FSS

PS. Use resin and bondo, dont fiberglass it. If you want a non toxic option, paper mache.
The cardboard gives it a good structural strenght.

I might add another layer on the grip bumps so they stand out on the sides a little more, anything else that you could recommend?

I wasn't planning on having a real flashlight in there, though that might be possible if I can figure out how to do it so I can remove the flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back