Hawkman Pepakura Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome!
i think you are right though. the beak just needs to be a little bit more 'fitting'. more hooked and shorter? just so it fits a little bit snugger.

and if you Do end up making a #2 i have a suggestion. wings always look better if they flair. with longer pinions at the edge of the wings. so i would suggest shortening the bottoms of the wings and lower the 'joint' of the tops making the pinions appear longer

Looks good bevbor! The beak does look a little long to me. I knew you would get it finished! Good job.

Thanky people for your appreciation :)
It was found out that my first unfolding was too small.
Oops, I did it again and now updated link to 37 cm high helmet is in the first post.
Sorry for inconvenience :)

my only question concerns the actual making of the helmet. If you use fiberglass/ resin on the wings, then that helmet will be heavily weighted in the back and possibly lean back. And the problem with conceptual designs is who knows if they really work till you make them? Just a suggestion, use a lightweight median for reinforcing the wings and the beak as both will have to balance eachother out so the helmet sits properly. Or you could always pad the living hell out of it.

I faced this rpoblem with the JMV3 Clone Helmet. while it sits so pretty on those CGI clone heads, you find that in reality, the helmet "leans" forward making a real clone look like they're always looking down. Solution? it took LOTS of foam to even that sucker out. here's aquick pic of it on my girl:

my girl wearing my EpII Clone Helmet

Bebor, would you please make a captain falcon helmet?
captain_falcon_nintendo_f-zero.jpg

Thanks Bevbor, I'm going to try and build it tomorrow, and then I 'll show you the pics. The beak looks a little long but I think it looks cooler that way. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back